Bump Stop Cup Replacement

Hopper

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
My front bump stop cups are rusted out. The bump stop tube appears solid. I can push the old rubber stop into it but it isnt going to hold very secure. I did see were you can buy replacement cups but not sure how to get the old ones off and attach the new.
When I pull the rubber stop out of the cup and look in it there is no bolt (maybee rusted out) any write ups on this or info.

Thanks. No bolt in mine must have rusted away. Should I just cut, hammer and pry the old one off being careful not to damage the tube?
If the bolt rusted away, then the cup would have fallen off. Something is still up there holding the cup in place. You can put a big pliers on the cup and turn it to see what happens.

I suggest being very very careful with the tube. I thought mine just had a little surface rust and when I went to loosed the bolt on the cup it twisted the tube off. Now I have a much larger problem.

I suggest being very very careful with the tube. I thought mine just had a little surface rust and when I went to loosed the bolt on the cup it twisted the tube off. Now I have a much larger problem.

if you were able to twist the tube off that easily you unfortunately already had a much larger problem, you just didn't know it. Those tubes are solid as a rock when not rusted.

I'd take some time to go over every inch of the frame under these circumstances because despite its appearance it may be a safety issue if certain parts of the frame are in similar condition to that tube...

if you were able to twist the tube off that easily you unfortunately already had a much larger problem, you just didn't know it. Those tubes are solid as a rock when not rusted.

I'd take some time to go over every inch of the frame under these circumstances because despite its appearance it may be a safety issue if certain parts of the frame are in similar condition to that tube...
I will not go as far as to say it was unexpected, just more so hoped it didn't happen like I kind of expected it to. Since I was installing a new lift myself I have looked over different things and tapped on some parts with a hammer to make sure there are no more problems.