Bumper mount aux LED units

Richard1958

Bonded at the wallet
Supporting Member
Hi folks
I frequently visit my kid’s camp outside of Jackman, Maine and I’ve had my share of nighttime close calls with Bullwinkle. I’d like to know what y’all might suggest for bumper-mount LED aux lighting. A pair that can reach out wide and far, if such a thing exists. My Hella HIDs are no longer up to the job.
Thanks in advance!

Screenshot_20240305_202939_Chrome.jpg

https://www.bajadesigns.com/product...sm71n3z7z27Z1R7A1_vKagnHa-rUDa-RoC1XEQAvD_BwE

Reactions: CMBD
My headlights show what's right in front of me.
My high beams show me farther down.
My KC daylighters show me the future.

You have tons of options. KC, Diode Dynamics, Baja Designs are pricey but very high quality lights, on the lower end I'd hit up your local harbor freight, apparently a new line of lights was released recently that look reminiscent of the Baja LP9s posted above. While their lights aren't top of the line, they'll get the job done and are inexpensive.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
My job required me to drive back roads at 3am. I spared no expense and bought LED headlights and driving lights. Cost me nearly $100 for all of them. :unsure:

Rubi lights 3.png

Last edited:
Reactions: CreepinDeth
I'd suggest not cheaping out on lights. Yes, the LED's are cheap...but the rest of the construction and technology is not. Optics, heat sinks, focal pattern, etc play a HUGE role in the actual usable performance. I was looking through issue 99 of CRAWL magazine yesterday and John Herrick compared some Baja Design S2 lights to an amazon knockoff. His pictures showed a distinct difference in usuable output. Its worth the read, if you can get your hands on the article.

Reactions: AndyG and jjvw
I'd suggest not cheaping out on lights. Yes, the LED's are cheap...but the rest of the construction and technology is not. Optics, heat sinks, focal pattern, etc play a HUGE role in the actual usable performance. I was looking through issue 99 of CRAWL magazine yesterday and John Herrick compared some Baja Design S2 lights to an amazon knockoff. His pictures showed a distinct difference in usuable output. Its worth the read, if you can get your hands on the article.

If I had the money, I would have Holly RetroBright headlights and Baja Design lights on the bumper.

Reactions: Neal and Mike_H
If I had the money, I would have Holly RetroBright headlights and Baja Design lights on the bumper.

Yeah, that is one reason I’m still rolling with Cibie H4 headlights (which are an huge upgrade over stock, but probably not KC or Holley retro bright good) and OEM fog lights. I haven’t been able to scare up enough coin for the “good stuff” when there are so many other ways to spend money on my Jeep.

The stuff to make it ride, drive, and wheel nice have taken priority.

My LJ has vision X headlights and they are the first LED I have had with good cut off-

Also run the 4.7 each cannons on the bumper

With all the availability of everything under the sun it really is tempting to vote your pocketbook but if you will do as @Mike_H says you’ ll be safer-

You might also want to talk to Blaine over at Black Magic brakes and he can help you make sure you stop in time-