Bumpstop question. Two different measurements. Which one to go with?

RiverDawg24

TJ Enthusiast
I’m installing my Savvy Mid -arm and while everything is broken down I wanted to re-check my bumpstops. See pictures.

4FC34243-0E76-4041-AC9E-6DCC34EA3668.jpeg

4C086194-44FD-4518-B688-0BF8ED54CA03.jpeg

As you can see on the drivers side I’m getting I need 5” of bumpstop. But on the passenger side I am getting roughly 3”, which is what I kinda expected.

I’m running Rancho 5000x RS55239 up front.

which measurement should I go with?

All help appreciated

Go with the longer measurement, that way you can set you shocks to that spot if you decide to move mounts (you should). Are you not using stock bumpstop cups?
What’s limiting your uptravel on the drivers side? Trackbar?

I pulled the cups just to get an accurate measurement.

The shock is limiting up travel on drivers side. I can pull the shock and the upper spring perch and lower spring perch meet. Track bar clears everything with this Savvy kit. It’s amazingly thought out.

Explain “moving mounts” to me? I’m not following.

I pulled the cups just to get an accurate measurement.

The shock is limiting up travel on drivers side. I can pull the shock and the upper spring perch and lower spring perch meet. Track bar clears everything with this Savvy kit. It’s amazingly thought out.

Explain “moving mounts” to me? I’m not following.
Moving the shock mount to allow for 50/50 split up travel and down. What ride height do you have? You want the shock to be evenly divided at ride height between fully extended and compressed.

What is limiting the travel on each side? Why are they different?

Put the cups back in or get better bumps.

What is limiting the travel on each side? Why are they different?

Put the cups back in or get better bumps.

ok so after further inspection the johnny joint on the trac-bar is just kissing the bracket on the drivers side. It wasn’t doing that when I checked it the first time.
I hooked up the trac-bar and my axle is about 1/4-1/2” off center. So I can adjust it and will have clearance.

My bumpstop measurements are the same both sides now.

Thanks for the help. Sometimes I need to talk things out and get another set of eyes to see the obvious.

Reactions: BuildBreakRepeat