Calling Green TJs

2004 Electric Lime Wrangler X 4.0/auto Dana 30/35 basic teej on Mickey Thompson 31-10.50 15s

Kermit is a basic daily dude.

20210219_152716.jpg

my regret is not getting a green jeep, I freaking knew the green was special, the green paint earlier ones at for sure in 1997 had pearlescence added to them, They look black in the dark and in direct sun changed color. god I love these greens. not to mention we can't get oil based paint car paint today. the light just don't hit the same anymore
The new gecko green ain't my thing.

I have a side project in my head and am looking for pictures of Green TJ's with the name of the colour (or even better the paint codes) So I can match the paint.
It doesn't matter if its Deep Hunter Green or Forest green or even Kermit green.
All you 'mean green' TJ owners start posting please..... (y) Thanks in advance.
Here’s the 1997 Jeep (in sun and in garage):
7C2AC067-50E3-41FB-ADA4-73D7E7B1467F.jpeg
A96605C5-03D9-4CCF-9D84-D609985A5118.jpeg

and here’s the paint code (PJN) which I guess is moss green pearl (I always thought it was forest green😂, whatever!)
6F08C906-784E-4E70-B46C-7B7B9763920E.jpeg

my regret is not getting a green jeep, I freaking knew the green was special, the green paint earlier ones at for sure in 1997 had pearlescence added to them, They look black in the dark and in direct sun changed color. god I love these greens. not to mention we can't get oil based paint car paint today. the light just don't hit the same anymore
The new gecko green ain't my thing.
PGJ jeep green on the 05 and 06 jeeps look pretty similar to the 97 moss. The sun really magnifies its beauty.

Hey - what's with those milk jugs? Are they stock or aftermarket?
that's what went on the export models. I don't know the exact reason but I figure Europe must have some safety regulation that requires more complete frontal tire coverage, or maybe that eeks out an extra 0.01mpg with aerodynamics.

• Haha
Reactions: Kiwi TJ
that's what went on the export models. I don't know the exact reason but I figure Europe must have some safety regulation that requires more complete frontal tire coverage, or maybe that eeks out an extra 0.01mpg with aerodynamics.
Bit of Land Rover history/myth for you - sometime in the mid '80s during a cross country competition, the horse of a prominent member of a European royal family (not one of ours) got it's leg caught between the bumper and front wing of a Series III.

Horse put down - bad publicity - Defender introduced shortly after with bumper end caps.

Construction and Use regulations changed to sort the problem of Royal horses trapping their legs 'twixt 4X4 bumpers and wings.

Jeeps' solution was as shown above.

Oddly I have extensively researched this terrible aristocratic horse killing problem and can only find reference to one example.

• Face Palm
Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Bit of Land Rover history/myth for you - sometime in the mid '80s during a cross country competition, the horse of a prominent member of a European royal family (not one of ours) got it's leg caught between the bumper and front wing of a Series III.

Horse put down - bad publicity - Defender introduced shortly after with bumper end caps.

Construction and Use regulations changed to sort the problem of Royal horses trapping their legs 'twixt 4X4 bumpers and wings.

Oddly I have extensively researched this terrible aristocratic horse killing problem and can only find reference to one example.

wow. I guess making ridiculous laws to address absurd problems isn't a uniquely American pastime.

Thanks! This group is a well of knowledge. Mostly useless for day to day life, but it's a deep well, nonetheless.

• Haha
Reactions: Shropshirewrangler

Best I don’t admit to having removed them and put the US jugs on then..

I just stumbled across this thread.
I recently had my 1997 Sahara repainted. Great shop. Nice paint job. Wrong color. I was so disappointed when I went to pick it up and saw that the shade of green it was painted wasn’t right. It was lighter and more silver than I remembered. The owner insisted that he used the paint that matched the paint code “PJN” provided on the door sticker. It was super awkward discussing it with him. I mean I didn’t want to be “that” person. The color was pretty and probably a lot of people wouldn’t know the difference so we paid the bill, picked up the Jeep, and went on our way. The days that followed were unsettling because every time I looked at it I knew the color wasn’t right. I also knew what would be involved for it to be repainted. I kept saying to myself I mean it’s not a Shelby going to auction it’s just a Jeep and the paint job probably cost more than the jeep is worth… But still the color was wrong, the paint guy said it was right but I knew it was wrong. To further confirm my thoughts I could see the difference inside the tailgate in certain areas that weren’t painted on the jeep. Granted, over time a paint color will change, but I figured it was unlikely that it the old paint would be darker than new paint of the same color. So I decided to go by my local Finishmaster shop and have a look at the paint cards. See attached photos of the Jeep in 2013 with the original color, a page from the original “Jeep Book brochure” showing the colors for 1997, a photo of the new paint job, the inside tailgate and hinge showing the contrast of the new and old paint, and the color cards from finishmaster against the front fender with the new paint job. I knew immediately which color was the correct one.
My understanding is that the color shade was tweaked over a few years of the TJ but they kept the color code the same. What the heck?

Anyway, to end this long story...I got a sample of the correct PJN color and sent the photos to the shop. They are going to repaint this month to match the sample. Stay tuned!
97 Jeep Sahara in 2013.png
IMG_3375 2.jpeg
IMG_3155.jpeg
IMG_3472 2.jpeg
IMG_3436.jpeg
IMG_3437.jpeg
IMG_3354.jpeg
IMG_3355.jpeg

97 Jeep Sahara in 2013.png

IMG_3375 2.jpeg