Cam position sensor question

TurboKeith

Hello Guys , I'm new to the Jeep world but we have , my son , a 2005 Jeep Rubicon and he says auto zone says we need to replace the cam position sensor . How do we know when one is bad or needed to be changed ? Thanks for the help . Keith

The OBD II plug in under the dash should show a trouble code of P0340 when connected to diagnostic device.
So that is something Auto Zone could tell me ? Sorry for the dumb questions its just I haven't had any experience with the Jeep , I have a couple of late 80's Buicks I play with .

They should have showed you any codes that came up and said, "Let's go look it up and see what it means." That's what I would have done. The more they involve you in the procedure the better you understand their advice or conclusion.

They should have showed you any codes that came up and said, "Let's go look it up and see what it means." That's what I would have done. The more they involve you in the procedure the better you understand their advice or conclusion.
Got Ya , All this info is coming from my Son , that at times can be really really Blonde at times So I may drive it to AZ and go from there , Thank you alot for the Help