Can worn rear sway bar bushing cause torque steer?

Jwhite

Hi everyone, I’m still having an issue with my Jeep. When I let off the gas the car pulls right and when I go back on it returns to going straight/pulling left. I found that the right rear sway bar bushing has play. Obviously this is a problem but is this the reason why my car has this issue? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0693.mov
    11.1 MB
No, a loose sway bar should not cause pulling left or right. But a loose control arm bushing could, allowing one end of the rear axle to move forward or backward slightly when you get on/off the gas.

No, a loose sway bar should not cause pulling left or right. But a loose control arm bushing could, allowing one end of the rear axle to move forward or backward slightly when you get on/off the gas.

My control arms are less than a year old but should I unbolt the Johnny joint side to see if anything is wrong? My control arms have Johnny joints on 1 side and rubber bushings on the other. I already used a small pry bar to see if there’s play but It all felt tight

That is a much better reply than I would have come up with since my head was stuck in front wheel drive mode after reading "torque steer" in the thread title.

My control arms are less than a year old but should I unbolt the Johnny joint side to see if anything is wrong? My control arms have Johnny joints on 1 side and rubber bushings on the other. I already used a small pry bar to see if there’s play but It all felt tight

Now I'm hoping that the Johnny Joints are on one END of each control arm, not on one side of the Jeep. Either way though, it sounds like something is loose or the rubber bushings are already worn out.

What brand are the control arms?

Reactions: BlueC
That is a much better reply than I would have come up with since my head was stuck in front wheel drive mode after reading "torque steer" in the thread title.

Now I'm hoping that the Johnny Joints are on one END of each control arm, not on one side of the Jeep. Either way though, it sounds like something is loose or the rubber bushings are already worn out.

What brand are the control arms?

They are core 4x4. One side of the control arm uses a Johnny joint and the other is a rubber bushing. I did some research and I’m worried I may have overgreased my rear left lower control arm because the grease oozes out when I grease it