Cant find a rear wiper motor cover for 03-06 hardtop

Hyperion505

So, thanks to my Safelite escapades, they lost 2 of the screws to my rear wiper motor cover and the one they left in the cover they ran in with an impact gun and destroyed it, and just left it in the bed.

Part # 55156660AD

For the life of me I cannot find another cover online, and any pick-a-parts or junkyards around me don't have any Wranglers that year range with a hardtop.

I apologize if this isn't the proper place to post this, but could anyone help me out with locating one, or have one they are willing to sell with the bolts?

Thanks.

I’m cheap… JB weld, epoxy glue and some new screws and I’d figure out a way to fix it!…

just saying, sometimes with these old vehicles, you have to repair instead of replace…

Reactions: L J
Thanks for all the support gentlemen.
I'd search salvage yards online before I'd pay this much for one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1158541621...d=link&campid=5337789113&toolid=20001&mkevt=1
Holy moses,
1. my google-fu has failed me, spent all last night and this morning searching as hard as I could.
2. Good lord thats alot.
3. Thank you for finding that though!
Thanks! I'll look through those!
I’m cheap… JB weld, epoxy glue and some new screws and I’d figure out a way to fix it!…

just saying, sometimes with these old vehicles, you have to repair instead of replace…
Yeah, that's what my coworker has me doing at the moment, learning experience. Our metal shop has some sheet metal screws. Currently letting the metalsetA4 cure for the day. I'll drill out a hole tomorrow.

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
There are a lot of Jeep Salvage yards out there. But, they are kind of pricey too. Dead Jeeps is one. There is also an CB parts service that can check for parts all over the country in junk yards. You just have to find a junkyard that will give you the time of day. There are Jeep junk yards all over the Country in the U.S. My mechanic used his connections to find me a reman rear wiper motor recently. The parts are out there, you just have to know the right people. Jeep Parts Depot is near me, in Cali.

A local auto wrecking specializes in Jeeps by me. I’m going there Saturday to look for a part. I will see, but to be clear you just need the wiper motor cover for the hardtop and nothing else?

Reactions: nolander
A local auto wrecking specializes in Jeeps by me. I’m going there Saturday to look for a part. I will see, but to be clear you just need the wiper motor cover for the hardtop and nothing else?
I appreciate it, but thankfully, threw some 2 part epoxy into the buggered hole, drilled out a hole and got a new screw and its good as new!
Oh this would be easy- safelite would be fixing it.
I'm so sick of Safelite, I have a whole multi page document typed up about my experience there. Need to find the right number to actually get a person to complain to. Safelite is near useless.

But what matters is my wiper motor cover is repaired, I have back glass, and it opens and closes like it should. Compared to when Safelite installed it wrong twice, but thats a loooong story, like a month long.

Thanks for all the suggestions and guidance guys!

I appreciate it, but thankfully, threw some 2 part epoxy into the buggered hole, drilled out a hole and got a new screw and its good as new!

I'm so sick of Safelite, I have a whole multi page document typed up about my experience there. Need to find the right number to actually get a person to complain to. Safelite is near useless.

But what matters is my wiper motor cover is repaired, I have back glass, and it opens and closes like it should. Compared to when Safelite installed it wrong twice, but thats a loooong story, like a month long.

Thanks for all the suggestions and guidance guys!

Yes I’ve been there and usually the thinking that messes something up is not the same thinking that may need to be trying to fix it.

It is so sad that we have to take matters into our own hands these days rather than even attempt to get somebody to do the right thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: tr21triton