Cant find control arm relocation brackets (geometry bracket) for TJs

EROCK

TJ Enthusiast
Hi, this is my first post. I bought a 2000 TJ Sahara 6cyl. Its got a 6in lift that measures 5.5in above factory on the coils under load. My problem is, it has stock control arms. To get the castor back to a comfortable driving angle. I need either adjustable contol arms or control arm drop brackets. (geo brackets). Ive decided to take the better ride quality, cost and less clearance of the geo brackets but cant find any made for the TJ. I like the Rancho style of brackets for the JKs. Wondering if I could be modified it. Any one with any experience with GEO brackets and TJs?

Go with adjustable length arms, that's the right approach.
I agree it the right approach with someone who is a savy mechanic. A little intimidated on making suspension adjustment to castor with the lacking tools and knowledge. I guess the bolt up installment and better control arm angle of the brackets is why I want to go with the brackets. This will be a jeep that drives long distances then goes on mild trails once we get there.

Easier for an inexperienced installer doesn't mean it's the way to go. If you can't figure out how to install and adjust adjustable length arms, find someone more knowledgeable to help you or pay someone to do it for you.

Last edited:
Ya rancho and few others do for jks. It suppose to give you better CA angle than even an adjustable short arm can give. I am looking to give up some off road ability aka clearance for the much better drivability for long trips to the forest.
https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...MIg9rausD_3gIVEUwNCh2-jwlsEAQYASABEgJpdvD_BwE

Interesting. Has anyone actually ever made one for a TJ though? I’ve seen some custom stuff like this on a TJ where it was custom fabricated, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a company sell them.

Interesting. Has anyone actually ever made one for a TJ though? I’ve seen some custom stuff like this on a TJ where it was custom fabricated, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a company sell them.
Well that why I started this thread. Been looking all over the internet for one made for a TJ and have found very little info. Tons of people are using them on their lifted JKs. And getting great results. Ive even read people are using them with their adjustable arms to get perfectly level contol arms.

I watched that video. Those brackets address angle, not length, and that is what you need. Stock arms are too short for 5.5" of lift. At that lift height you really need all 8 adjustable arms.

Reactions: jjvw and Chris
I watched that video. Those brackets address angle, not length, and that is what you need. Stock arms are too short for 5.5" of lift. At that lift height you really need all 8 adjustable arms.
Hey Rob, thanks for the comment. The brackets are for 6 to 7.5 inch lifts. Wouldn't the Control Arm need to be the stock length if the frame side of the bar is dropped down to the stock geometry.

Went with the Core teir one adjustable upper and lower control arms. Now to pray I can get these in and adjusted right. You tubing it up..

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Considering all the changes you are looking at, I'd take that one in for an alignment, especially if you are uncomfortable with getting the caster correct. A shop will be able to get things adjusted.

I should clarify this is for the rear of the jeep. The front came with what looks like an extended aftermarket lower control arm and stock upper arm. The steering feels good currently. The bushings on the rear control arms have gone and I figured id replace them with something better (ie longer arms or relocation brackets and replacment bushings) since the back of the jeep feels like it fishtails on bumpier roads above 20mph.
As for the front end. The toe-in is perfect. Using the measurement process, it's at just under 1/8 inch front in.
Ive put on new tie rod ends, new drag link, new rear track bar and switched drop pittman arm for OE pittman arm. Front track bar was solid and may have been replaced sometime before I bought it. It steers great now.
The rear control arms were so bad they started to knock on acceleration and deceleration and I can visually see the rear tire leap forward in the wheel well when I gas it in 1st. Hopfully this will also cure that fishtail feeling Im getting in the jeep. They needed to be replaced anyways.

Got all eight adjustable control arms in, torqed to spec and adjusted. It fixed every single issue with the suspension. No more flighty feeling in the front, no more drifting/fishtailing feeling in the rear, no more clonking on sharp turns or hard acceleration. It fixed everything. Got 5.5 degrees caster. Big thank you to Jerry and Chris!! Eric.

20181223_154613.jpg

20181223_154622.jpg

You said you got the tier 1 core 4x4 arms? They have standard bushings, right? Watch your control arm brackets on the frame and axles. That type of arm without high mis-alignment bushings (like a Johnny joint) has been known to break welds.

The reason is that the factory control arms are designed to be able to twist... That is why they are C shaped. It allows for more articulation than a standard bushings allows.

Reactions: StG58
You said you got the tier 1 core 4x4 arms? They have standard bushings, right? Watch your control arm brackets on the frame and axles. That type of arm without high mis-alignment bushings (like a Johnny joint) has been known to break welds.

The reason is that the factory control arms are designed to be able to twist... That is why they are C shaped. It allows for more articulation than a standard bushings allows.

X2 to this. Be careful if you got the Tier 1 arms. If you get to crazy with the flexing, they can rip the control arm brackets right off.