Can't get track bar to line up

bully8883

Changed rear springs and all the rubber parts associated with the springs also installed new shocks. I can not get the track bar to line up I only need about an inch. I need some guidance to get this thing back on. The parts I put on were all stock. Any help would appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Is it an adjustable track bar?

Is the axle off-center laterally now?

I'm going to assume you installed a lift. If this is the case, you need a rear track bar relocation bracket in order to install the track bar.

The lift pushes the axle downwards more, causing the axle side track bar mounting point to be at a different angle than it was at stock height.

Because of this, you need a track bar relocation bracket which moves the track bar back up to the original angle it was at stock.

Depending on the lift height, you'll also need an adjustable track bar as well to center the axle laterally.

Have someone turn the steering wheel until it lines up?

A strong ratchet strap should do the trick. And an extra body maybe to help shift the weight around while you’re lining the bolt up. It’s not always fun... 😅

Make sure all the control arm bolts are loose. Good idea to also have the shock lower mounts loose.

Then use a ratchet strap to shift the axle and get the bolt started but don't tighten anything until you release the strap and let everything settle with the full vehicle weight on the axle.

Reactions: EzPeezy