Car pics too cool not to share

Old school sand tires. (y) You don't see those very often, at least not around here.

Mickey Thompson Baja Belted tires are a sand tire? I ran them on a few rigs as a mud & snow tire. They worked pretty good for a lot of the stuff I did in CA, OR & WA.

Reactions: reddvltj
Mickey Thompson Baja Belted tires are a sand tire?

I use that term loosely. We (people in my area) tend to call 14"+ wide tires a sand tire. Obviously it's not a paddle tire, but that wide footprint actually works pretty well on our loose packed sand.

Do they still make those tires?

I use that term loosely. We (people in my area) tend to call 14"+ wide tires a sand tire. Obviously it's not a paddle tire, but that wide footprint actually works pretty well on our loose packed sand.

Do they still make those tires?

Well I'd hate to see some TSL 15.5 wide tires in the sand.

I don't think so or at least they aren't in their website anymore.

That is cool. And yes...Sand Tires. My brother ran those Mickey's on his rig for years. He built it originally for running on the beach.

Jeep - David's Roll Cage 4-23-2011 063.JPG

I think I've seen swampers on the beach, but I could be wrong.

I've definitely seen these on the beach. Guaranteed stuck, and they always think more skinny pedal will get them out. :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 338781

But the skinny pedal is so much fun!! The club I was in people were running swampers, mudkings, bfgs, mts and ats alike, you name it on the beaches and in the dunes... Next best thing to paddle tires were boggers. Even the thornbirds did "alright" in the sand (scary thought)...

Reactions: Wildman and BlueC
But the skinny pedal is so much fun!! The club I was in people were running swampers, mudkings, bfgs, mts and ats alike, you name it on the beaches and in the dunes... Next best thing to paddle tires were boggers. Even the thornbirds did "alright" in the sand (scary thought)...

I've always driven BFG AT or Michelin LTX on the beach and never had a problem. I think part of it is knowing what to do, and a bigger part is knowing what not to do. I really do enjoy watching half-lit dumbasses in the sand. That's always a good time from a distance. :ROFLMAO:

I've always driven BFG AT or Michelin LTX on the beach and never had a problem. I think part of it is knowing what to do, and a bigger part is knowing what not to do. I really do enjoy watching half-lit dumbasses in the sand. That's always a good time from a distance. :ROFLMAO:

Similar concept to snow... big balloon style tires with low air pressure. Some people just can't wrap their heads around the low air pressure part though.

Similar concept to snow... big balloon style tires with low air pressure. Some people just can't wrap their heads around the low air pressure part though.

Yep tire pressure is KEY for those types of terrain. The Baja Belted were a odd tire and sort of a cross between a AT & MT tire.

https://app.photobucket.com/u/wildman4x4nut/a/0338c5ad-cdba-4184-b671-ce97639c691b/p/1e413266-11ef-4570-8fa0-a8616e50ff23]
IMGP1917.jpg
[/URL]

$5.48 delivered - on its way. I'll see what its about.

So now I've seen it (American Graffiti). I'm glad I did. Yea, it was the expected "coming of age" theme that I didn't relate to particularly well, but it was still worth watching. All the really cool cars (no two alike!), and mostly recognizable music (I'm not much on rock music pre-Beatles) plus seeing a lot of big time actors when they weren't so big!

So now I've seen it (American Graffiti). I'm glad I did. Yea, it was the expected "coming of age" theme that I didn't relate to particularly well, but it was still worth watching. All the really cool cars (no two alike!), and mostly recognizable music (I'm not much on rock music pre-Beatles) plus seeing a lot of big time actors when they weren't so big!

It's just a fun movie...for the cars, the music, the (young) actors, and Wolfman Jack! Glad you took the time to watch it, and it sounds like you at least enjoyed it enough to make the purchase of the DVD worth it. (y)

It's just a fun movie...for the cars, the music, the (young) actors, and Wolfman Jack! Glad you took the time to watch it, and it sounds like you at least enjoyed it enough to make the purchase of the DVD worth it. (y)

Yea, I hadn't thought of Wolfman Jack for decades! Yea, it was certainly worth the $5+ I paid for the DVD. "Best movie ever made" its not, but certainly watchable. "Best movie" award definitely goes to "The Godfather" series which my wife and I watched just a few days ago.

Reactions: Robert Sullenger
Yea, I hadn't thought of Wolfman Jack for decades! Yea, it was certainly worth the $5+ I paid for the DVD. "Best movie ever made" its not, but certainly watchable. "Best movie" award definitely goes to "The Godfather" series which my wife and I watched just a few days ago.

Zorb - Everyone know the Best Movie Ever Made Award goes to “Jaws,” although not many cars in that one…