Car pics too cool not to share

When I drove cement mixer trucks in Pendleton, OR one year during the Pendleton Roundup a call comes across the radio. Got to send another load of concrete to the last job site. So the dispatcher gets on and asks why. The driver replied that he'd be tied up downtown for a while and to send the next truck around the outer roads.
The driver was watching the gals in Ropers and Wranglers and had ran into a car that had stopped in front of him. He had also been changing lanes at the time..... so both lanes of the one way road was blocked. We didn't let him live that one down for a long time.

• Haha
Reactions: Squatch and BlueC
When I was in college, there was a main road that travel across campus. In the spring time, small fender-benders on that road increased probably 10x. You could sit there, watch some girls run by and hear the metal and plastic crunch behind them. :ROFLMAO: There is a nice little bar and grill with patio seating in the middle of it all. Sometimes we'd have a burger and some beers and watch the festivities.

Even with the sound of crunching metal, the young lady on the 10-speed barely acknowledged the destruction going on behind her. Judging by her general appearance, I think it's fair to say that she'd grown accustomed to it. :sneaky:

• Haha
Reactions: BlueC and Wildman
Even with the sound of crunching metal, the young lady on the 10-speed barely acknowledged the destruction going on behind her. Judging by her general appearance, I think it's fair to say that she'd grown accustomed to it. :sneaky:

That's what it was like on campus. They knew what they were doing. Almost got me once. :ROFLMAO:

This reminds me of the old saying; if it has tits or wheels, it's going to give you problems.

• Haha
Reactions: Wildman and Squatch
FB_IMG_1658629010329.jpg

1658638681155.png

Frank Brogan crafted a sleek, two-passenger runabout he called the Brogan Doodlebug. It featured a highly streamlined steel body with headlights and windshield posts seamlessly blended in. The topless, doorless three-wheeler measured 96 inches long, rolled on a 66-inch wheelbase, and could be turned around within its own length. With the buyer’s choice of rear-mounted, single-cylinder Briggs & Stratton or twin-cylinder Onan air-cooled engines, the Doodlebug could achieve a top speed of 45 miles per hour and travel nearly 70 miles on a gallon of gas.

Brogan designed the Doodlebug especially for women, so he made sure operation and maintenance were easy. Gear-shifting was automated using a mercury-actuated system similar to fluid drive, which eliminated the clutch pedal. Changing the hidden front tire simply required popping out the grille and unscrewing two bolts. The engine was removed just as quickly—lift the rear deck lid, release three pins, disconnect the gas line, and lift the engine from its position beside the five-gallon fuel tank and battery. Frank Brogan referenced an October 1944 clipping from The Washington Post, which featured Ray Russell’s Gadabout in his patent application.

Credit: timalderman.com

For you, @wildman!!! :ROFLMAO:

The Finnest Bug Around​

vw-beetle-art-car-6a-644x483.jpg

From the “Why would you do that??” department comes this smashup mashup of two iconic cars – a 1957 Chevy Bel Air and a Volkswagen Bug. Oh, and also a cat, occasionally.

vw-beetle-art-car-6b-644x405.jpg

vw-beetle-art-car-6c-644x475.jpg

Spied and snapped at the Scottsdale Pavilions Classic Car Show by MisterW, this triple-finned fantasy in Pepto-Bismol Pink was a big hit with all the cool cats attending. Betcha the owner has no trouble finding his ride in any parking lot.

The Finnest Bug Around​

View attachment 345384

From the “Why would you do that??” department comes this smashup mashup of two iconic cars – a 1957 Chevy Bel Air and a Volkswagen Bug. Oh, and also a cat, occasionally.

View attachment 345385

View attachment 345386

Spied and snapped at the Scottsdale Pavilions Classic Car Show by MisterW, this triple-finned fantasy in Pepto-Bismol Pink was a big hit with all the cool cats attending. Betcha the owner has no trouble finding his ride in any parking lot.

OK... Can't say I'm much of a Bug fan. But I do have to ask WHY??

• Haha
Reactions: Squatch
OK... Can't say I'm much of a Bug fan. But I do have to ask WHY??

I would drive it, but without the roof fin. It's downright f'n goofy, to be sure, but it does look like a quality build. I'll bet the quarters and "trunk lid" are fiberglass. Notice the screens in the trunk lid for the air-cooled engine? Not sure I'd ask "WHY?" as much as "WTF?" :ROFLMAO:

The Finnest Bug Around​

View attachment 345384

View attachment 345385

View attachment 345386

Jan Blair owns that Bug. He and his father own Blair and Sons salvage yard a couple miles east of me.

The Scottsdale Pavilions Classic Car Show is the longest running car show in the USA. Here I am at it in 2009 in my '66 Swiss Postal RHD Walk-thru Sliding Door High Roof.

Blair and Sons

Their yard has been stripped of any early parts goodness for 20+ years.

Reactions: Squatch and Wildman
A different " Task Force " Chevy truck 56 Cameo Carrier.
View attachment 345458

Back in the early '80s, I knew an old fella who restored one of these. His name was "Shorty" Slaughter (the guy was just a tick over 5' tall). Anyways, his was the more common white, with the red interior. Beautiful vehicles!

Reactions: ColoJeep
There was a kid in my high school (1977) that had a 58 Chevy pickup on a 70's something 4WD frame. Next to a Jeep pickup a 55-59 Chevy pickup converted to 4WD is a fav.

So if I win the LOTTO next week my stable of rigs would be something like,

57 Chevy (not stock)
70's Jeep pickup
56 or 57 Chevy pickup on 4WD frame
68-75 Corvette

I'd be pretty happy with that lineup.

Someone by my office had a blue one of these on a gooseneck last week. Looked mint. Didn’t have a chance to take a pick though.

I've never really liked the LOOK of them but they are still a awesome car. I remember seeing them on dealer lots when I was a kid. Of course, back then I thought a T-top Corvette was the shizzle. Wasn't until I was about 12-13 when I fell in love with the 57 Chevy.