Car pics too cool not to share

HEMI cars: the original cure for Erectile Dysfunction. :sneaky:

1669165418838.png

That I couldn't tell you, but I'm sure there's data out there.

I've heard that the Toyota 2T-G and 3T-GTE/4T-GTE engines, spun up with twin turboes can be pretty nasty!!!:unsure:

The real question is, can a Turboed LS outrun a procharged/turboed Hemi? :ROFLMAO:

Both stock?

That I couldn't tell you, but I'm sure there's data out there.

I've heard that the Toyota 2T-G and 3T-GTE/4T-GTE engines, spun up with twin turboes can be pretty nasty!!!:unsure:

The real question is, can a Turboed LS outrun a procharged/turboed Hemi? :ROFLMAO:

Real Hemi or the wannabe variety. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Wildman
Damn @NashvilleTJ did you know you only had a wannbe Hemi?

Vintage 354 ,392
2nd gen , 426
Mopar Crate engine , 528
Oh Okay. (y)

Post 2003 engine are reasonably good , ( at least until the roller lifters rotate and the cam cleans house ) but they are just not the same.
A real HEMI actually has a Hemispherical head .

Reactions: Wildman
Didn't I say the information was out there...??? Damn there's some laziness going on in here!!! Imports aren't my thing I just knew that there were a bunch of import engines that have hemi heads ... DAMN!!!Look this shit up yourselves...
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Both stock?

I'd say pretty close in stock form. Will slapping on a Single Turbo, cam, and some bottom end strengthening on an LS make 2000hp?

"The 2JZ-GTE .... From the factory, North American versions put down 320hp but leave a whole lot of wiggle room for much more."

Real Hemi or the wannabe variety. 🤣

Real hemispherical heads, not semi-hemispherical (not in this article though. I'll have to see if I can find it again.)

This !

Pull a junkyard example of both with 150, 000 miles , turbo , tune , race.
I think we know what the outcome will be. 😉
I wouldn't bet on that

2JZ-GTE Pros And Cons​

Pros:
  • Capable of 2,000 hp
  • Tightly-packaged, inline configuration
  • Non-interference valvetrain
  • Bulletproof cast-iron block
  • Forged crankshaft
  • Massive main journals
  • Under-piston oil squirters
  • Square bore and stroke
  • Timing belt, oil pump, and cooling system capable of 1,000-plus hp
Cons:
  • Failure-prone timing belt tensioner bracket
  • Oil pump seal can blow out
  • Crank pulley can come apart
  • Poor-flowing cylinder head
  • Failure-prone sequential turbo system
https://www.motortrend.com/how-to/1505-guide-to-understanding-the-toyota-2jz-gte-engine/

Reactions: ColoJeep
Vintage 354 ,392
2nd gen , 426
Mopar Crate engine , 528
Oh Okay. (y)

Post 2003 engine are reasonably good , ( at least until the roller lifters rotate and the cam cleans house ) but they are just not the same.

Now if you said "Pay $500 to $1000 for a Junk engine" you'd probably be right. A good buildable 2JZ is probably gonna be hard to find and NOT cheap!!

Vintage 354 ,392
2nd gen , 426
Mopar Crate engine , 528
Oh Okay. (y)

It's just fun when all the commercials came out when they started offering the new Hemi....

It's no different than the Ford vs Chevy debate or mine & apps magnum V-8 vs LS. It's all in fun.

Well, a better way to say it may be “Semi-Hemi”…

So you got a semi... ;) ;)

Now if you said "Pay $500 to $1000 for a Junk engine" you'd probably be right. A good buildable 2JZ is probably gonna be hard to find and NOT cheap!!

Ain't NO Ricer that sounds as good as a V-8 with a loping cam.

Didn't I say the information was out there...??? Damn there's some laziness going on in here!!! Imports aren't my thing I just knew that there were a bunch of import engines that have hemi heads ... DAMN!!!Look this shit up yourselves...
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I'd say pretty close in stock form. Will slapping on a Single Turbo, cam, and some bottom end strengthening on an LS make 2000hp?

"The 2JZ-GTE .... From the factory, North American versions put down 320hp but leave a whole lot of wiggle room for much more."

Real hemispherical heads, not semi-hemispherical (not in this article though. I'll have to see if I can find it again.)

I wouldn't bet on that

2JZ-GTE Pros And Cons​

Pros:
  • Capable of 2,000 hp
  • Tightly-packaged, inline configuration
  • Non-interference valvetrain
  • Bulletproof cast-iron block
  • Forged crankshaft
  • Massive main journals
  • Under-piston oil squirters
  • Square bore and stroke
  • Timing belt, oil pump, and cooling system capable of 1,000-plus hp
Cons:
  • Failure-prone timing belt tensioner bracket
  • Oil pump seal can blow out
  • Crank pulley can come apart
  • Poor-flowing cylinder head
  • Failure-prone sequential turbo system
https://www.motortrend.com/how-to/1505-guide-to-understanding-the-toyota-2jz-gte-engine/

Without engine work I thought safe 2JZ levels were up to about 800 HP.

Ain't NO Ricer that sounds as good as a V-8 with a loping cam.
True dat!!!

Toyota did make some "ricer" hemi V-8s too but they were pretty low horsepower, 200hp range??
I'm not sure if the new Toyota V-8s have hemi heads or not but I know with a bolt on factory super charger they can pump out over 500hp...

Without engine work I thought safe 2JZ levels were up to about 800 HP.

You didn't read the link I shared did you?

"750HP The Easy Way
More than doubling the 2JZ-GTE's power output isn't hard, according the guys at FSR, but ditching the sequential turbo system for a larger, single compressor has got to happen first. First, look for a turbo in the 64 to 80mm range accompanied by a higher-flowing external wastegate and ditch the side-mount intercooler for a front-mount unit with more surface area. GReddy and several others offer upgrade kits that include everything you need to do just that. You'll also need a higher-flowing fuel pump, larger-diameter delivery lines, 1,000cc fuel injectors, and some sort of tunable ECU like AEM's Infinity, for example. Aftermarket cams like those from Brian Crower will make getting to that 750hp mark a whole lot easier and are about the only thing you'll need to touch underneath the valve cover this side of stiffer valve springs to avoid potential valve float."

True dat!!!

Toyota did make some "ricer" hemi V-8s too but they were pretty low horsepower, 200hp range??
I'm not sure if the new Toyota V-8s have hemi heads or not but I know with a bolt on factory super charger they can pump out over 500hp...

I haven't ever heard a Yota V-8 or other foreign V-8 that sounded like American muscle. But I've also been out of the motorhead world for a long time.

Reactions: reddvltj