Car pics too cool not to share

1680313437541.png

Something looks off with the bed - was it made taller?

The bed is taller, and the rear fender has been stretched. I like the height of the bed sides, but the fender is just shy of being done right. You can see they were trying to match the body lines of the truck, but just couldn't quite get it right. The body line running down that truck appears wavy and soft compared to a factory truck. Either there is a lot of filler on that truck, or there is some glass work. Either way, it shows to be lacking in the body work to me. I'd give it a high-end amateur rating, or a B if it was done by a pro shop.

Overall it's a nice looking truck.

Since wildman posted a Chrysler "letter car" a few pages back, I thought I go down that path with my 3 favorite years.

'55 C-300 and '56 300B (pretty much the same car)
1680369843351.png

'62 300H
1680370114881.png

'65 300L (with aftermarket wheels)
1680370217417.png

The '62 and '65 both look great as convertibles too. Some of the few cars that I think look great both ways.

Since wildman posted a Chrysler "letter car" a few pages back, I thought I go down that path with my 3 favorite years.

View attachment 412224

'62 300H
View attachment 412225

View attachment 412226

The '62 and '65 both look great as convertibles too. Some of the few cars that I think look great both ways.

Of the 3 I like the 65 the most. I've never been much of a convertible fan but that might have been due to where I lived. Either in places like AK where it's COLD or WA where it's wet. Of course all that gets blown out of the water casue I own a Jeep. But that's different......

Of course all that gets blown out of the water casue I own a Jeep. But that's different......

It's funny, I used to like convertibles better than hardtops, now it's hardtops over convertibles, but with my Jeep I really like it halfway. Doors off or 1/2 doors, windows off/rolled up and the top still on is my favorite way to ride when it's warm.

Good news for me is stock-style convertible tops for my Impala have a zip-in-zip-out rear window like our Jeeps, so if I ever get to drive mine I'll be good to go.

View attachment 412224

'62 300H
View attachment 412225

View attachment 412226

I'll have to get my buddy to send me pics of his '62 "letter car". Beautiful cars!

The bed is taller, and the rear fender has been stretched. I like the height of the bed sides, but the fender is just shy of being done right. You can see they were trying to match the body lines of the truck, but just couldn't quite get it right. The body line running down that truck appears wavy and soft compared to a factory truck. Either there is a lot of filler on that truck, or there is some glass work. Either way, it shows to be lacking in the body work to me. I'd give it a high-end amateur rating, or a B if it was done by a pro shop.

Overall it's a nice looking truck.

Its not bad! I like the bed sides to be low myself, but that's just me.

Reactions: Blondie70