Car pics too cool not to share

If you wanted a fox body that flew under the radar consider the Dowdy Ford Fairmont , it was available with the 5.0
Happy Jeff Goldblum GIF by Apartments.com
79FordFairmont1jg.jpg

If you wanted a fox body that flew under the radar consider the Dowdy Ford Fairmont , it was available with the 5.0

Only if it was available in a 2-door. There's lots of 4-doors that I like, but that ain't one of them.

Edit; I found one. I could work with that.
1695484027804.png

That reminded me, "Eric the car guy" built one with a big 'ol turbo.
1695484144376.png

Last edited:
Only if it was available in a 2-door. There's lots of 4-doors that I like, but that ain't one of them.

Edit; I found one. I could work with that.
View attachment 459838

That reminded me, "Eric the car guy" built one with a big 'ol turbo.
View attachment 459839

As I recall, the 2-door sedan was affectionately referred to as a "box top". I also think they were the lightest weight versions of all the Fox body cars. I know there are lots of Mustang lovers, but I would prefer the box top or a wagon with Mustang GT underpinnings, myself.

Here's one that's anything but a sleeper. It's Steve Magnante's altered wheelbase "funny car".
1695488995820.png

1695489114059.png

As I recall, the 2-door sedan was affectionately referred to as a "box top". I also think they were the lightest weight versions of all the Fox body cars. I know there are lots of Mustang lovers, but I would prefer the box top or a wagon with Mustang GT underpinnings, myself.

Here's one that's anything but a sleeper. It's Steve Magnante's altered wheelbase "funny car".
View attachment 459861

View attachment 459863

That's another one I forgot about. Steve Magnante isn't doing so well right now. He has some brain infection going on. He seems like a good dude. Hopefully he recovers.

These are from an invitation-only show that my dad participated in today. It was rainy, but they still had some turn out. This is a traditional, mid '60s and back show. Old Fords and flatheads were the majority.

IMG_0572.JPG

IMG_0573.JPG

IMG_0574.JPG

IMG_0575.JPG

IMG_0576.JPG

IMG_0577.JPG

IMG_0578.JPG

IMG_0579.JPG

IMG_0580.JPG

IMG_0581.JPG

IMG_0582.JPG

IMG_0583.JPG

IMG_0584.JPG

My son just passed his Driver's Ed test. Once the certificate gets here, he can go apply for a permit. With that in mind, today was a wrench day on his XJ, finishing up the last bits that we haven't gotten to in the last 2 years. First we pulled the diff covers on his hp dana 30 and the 8.25 rear. I showed him how to clean the housing and remove all the gasket maker on the housing and cover. Then he reinstalled the covers with new Lube Lockers and refilled the diffs. That was the last of the fluids to be replaced, so now all fluids are fresh.

Then we went by autozone and picked up the NKG wires and autolite plugs I ordered. They were all gapped correctly at .035, but the ones coming out were about shot. They may have been originals. I know the wires were. The gap on them was substantially wider than the biggest I could measure with my gapping tool, which goes to .060. I think they were in the ballpark of .08 to .09 gap. Definitely time to change them. The engine runs noticeably better.

Why did I post this in this thread? Well, I'm proud of my boy for wanting to wrench on his own ride, and can't help but brag on him... but we saw a couple of very cool old Fords in the Autozone parking lot. No idea what they were doing there, but I had to snap a few pics!

(My boy's XJ is in the background in the first and second pic, to the left of the Bronco.)

20230923_132940.jpg

20230923_132934.jpg

20230923_132927.jpg

20230923_132917.jpg

20230923_132905.jpg

That's another one I forgot about. Steve Magnante isn't doing so well right now. He has some brain infection going on. He seems like a good dude. Hopefully he recovers.

Yeah, I've been keeping up on Steve's situation, in as much as is possible. Definitely praying for his recovery. As you said, he seems like a good guy. Love his dedication to the history of the automobile.