Car pics too cool not to share

Looks pretty cool , BUT if I was a betting man , the Following the Vega style , thin wall aluminum open deck block would likely end up with Vega style reliability . In 1970 the Vega was going to be the savior small car against the imports , this is classic corporate group think.

The article does mention thin-walled materials, and we all know what happened through the '70s. I've heard that the "light weight" MoPar stuff of the mid to late '70s is so thin that it's non-rebuildable. Either way, it would have been a cool Pontiac engine.

The article does mention thin-walled materials, and we all know what happened through the '70s. I've heard that the "light weight" MoPar stuff of the mid to late '70s is so thin that it's non-rebuildable. Either way, it would have been a cool Pontiac engine.

The open deck thin wall aluminum plus siamese cylinders are my main issue. If Poncho developed a set of these DOHC heads and came up with cam drive setup on a 421 SD. That would be the coolest Pontiac engine !

Ok so this was a little early in life for me to remember, but some of you probably remember this.

1704596195605.png

https://www.motortrend.com/news/modern-brubaker-box-van-render/