Car pics too cool not to share

1710899001231.png

I never really disliked the Mustang II, honestly, although they were nothing when compared to their predecessors. In my mind, I thought the styling wasn't too bad, but the drivetrain was lame. I've come to appreciate them even more, these days, just because you don't see them around all that much. Then again, I like a Chevy Citation for the same reason, so there's that...:whistle:

I've always thought the Mustang II was a pretty darn good looking car - certainly better looking than any Fox body 'stang. *RUNS*

OTOH, even back then I thought anyone in a Citation needed to be issued a citation...

Last edited:
It is damn near identical , other than it's a short bed vs 9 ft extra long bed, Wideside vs Fenderside bed , 1/2 ton vs 1 ton , 4 wheel drive vs 2 wheel drive.
Yep this is your folks twin truck. :p

And it doesn't have the MASSIVE rear bumper/trailer hitch on the ass end either. But its still closer than most!

The Citation isn't seen much these days , but the FWD Olds Omega is a freaking unicorn !

View attachment 510863

True. I owned a white one just like that. An auction car. The stuff I rescued out of the trunk turned out to be more valuable than the car! Speaking of the Cutlass, I still want one of these:
1710901945439.png

1710902025851.png

1710902092485.png

My parents were a part of that world back in the early 70s. My dad had one of the first custom vans on the West coast. We moved to Scotland when I was 6 months old and both my grandfathers took the van out cruising in Redding while we were gone. After we got back in the states and moved to Maine we'd go to van meets all the time. They had vans races on a oval and I can remember a few pretty gnarly wrecks...

And all this time, I thought the early HO cars were the OHC sixes. Were the 6-cylider engines called the Sprint, or was that the model name when the Firebird was so equipped?

Pre-Trans-Am Firebirds were available in a few models; Firebird (base) came with the OHC-6 with a one-barrel carb. Firebird Sprint was a step-up and had an OHC-6 with 4-barrel. Then Firebird 326/350 (2-barrel and 4-barrel). The next step was the Firebird H.O. , then Firebird 400, which was also available in an H.O. model. Ram Air was available on the 400 or 400 H.O.

So to answer your question, Firebird Sprints were a performance step above the base car and the early cars ('67-68) had the OHC-6 with 4-barrel. I've been told by a few guys that those cars were competitive or even better than the standard 326 or similar Camaro.

Last edited: