Car pics too cool not to share

Door GIF by Miike Snow

• Haha
Reactions: BlueC and Wildman
It looks like a SBC, so assuming that, a stroked standard bore 400 would net 372 ci. 4.125 (std) x 3.75 < common SBC stroker crank.

I didn't know if there was a actual engine in that CID that I didn't know about.
I'm familiar with the stroker crank in the SBC.

I didn't know if there was a actual engine in that CID that I didn't know about.
I'm familiar with the stroker crank in the SBC.

I messed up earlier when I said it was a 400 with "stroker" crank, so I corrected it. What I meant to say is a factory 400 SBC has a 4.125" bore by 4.00" inch stroke. De-stroking with a 3.75" crank, a common SBC "stroker crank", would net the 372.

It looks like a SBC, so assuming that, a de-stroked standard bore 400 would net 372 ci. 4.125 (std) x 3.75 < common SBC stroker crank.

A 400 SBC has a 4.125 bore by 4.00 inch stroke. De-stroking with a standard SBC "stroker" crank of 3.75 would net the 372.

I knew about the destroking a SBC too but wasn't thinking about that. Honestly had kind of forgotten it being an option since it's been a LONG time since I've even heard it mentioned.

Reactions: Squatch and BlueC
I have really taken a shine to rods done in a gold hue. Just something classy about 'em.

I dig the gold paints. :cool: I even have a gold flaked 3/4 helmet. I've always liked pearls, candy paints, and small to medium flake, and golds typically have those, but I've always been a touch special.

How do you feel about this gold? '62 Chevy "Anniversary Gold".

1715866709132.png

1715866696500.png

I dig the gold paints. :cool: I even have a gold flaked 3/4 helmet. I've always liked pearls, candy paints, and small to medium flake, and golds typically have those, but I've always been a touch special.

How do you feel about this gold? '62 Chevy "Anniversary Gold".

View attachment 527354

View attachment 527353

It's a tad too subtle for what I like to see on a rod, but looks perfect on those '62s! Speaking of '62 Chevrolets, here are the factory colors:
1715883235280.png

The Surf Green, Twilight Turquoise, and Coronna Cream are my favorites.