Car pics too cool not to share

Putting aside, for a moment, powertrains, personalities, politics and even aesthetics, from what little I know about the material properties of stainless steel vs mild carbon steel, I guess rendering a ‘36 Ford in stainless might be a whole lot harder to do than the flat contours of the Cybertruck.

Absolutely. At least, I would think so. Still, that Cybertuck looks like an HVAC guy could have designed it...:sneaky:

Do you guys like the natural finish, or the polished? I'd go polished and lowered. :cool:

Tough call. I wouldn't want to have to keep either one of 'em clean. Hell, my '90 Dodge truck has been washed exactly four times since 1998. Don't think I could keep up with a collectible stainless steel car.

Regarding the '67 Coronet I mentioned a few posts back, there's a bit of a backstory to go with it. My second wife had returned to Laos to visit her family, and as her arrival back in the states was quickly approaching, I knew that if I was going to buy another car, I'd better hurry up and find one, as it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission. Anyways, two days before she returned, I bought the Coronet from a young kid. The car was exceptionally clean, and I bought it right. When it came time to pick the missus up from the airport, I loaded my 2-year old son into the car, and headed out to retrieve his momma. I had never mentioned to her that there was a new acquisition, and as we were walking out to the airport parking lot, I could see her looking around for our '86 4-runner. In a sea of newer cars and SUVs, she spots the Coronet. She stops, stares at it for a moment, and then turns to me and says "That's yours, isn't it?"
Oh, yeah...:sneaky:

1715618845847.png

• Haha
Reactions: Wildman and BlueC
I've seen a LOT better hoods on XJ's & MJ's but aside from the hood it's not a bad looking rig.. I do wonder what sort of travel it actually has? I'm guessing 3-4" up max & the rest droop. It's got coilovers on it but the OP never included any other information.

Reactions: reddvltj
I've seen a LOT better hoods on XJ's & MJ's but aside from the hood it's not a bad looking rig.. I do wonder what sort of travel it actually has? I'm guessing 3-4" up max & the rest droop. It's got coilovers on it but the OP never included any other information.

I don't see coilovers. I found this that looks to be the same rig at a different stage

1715698077769.png

Is the design on the side common? Or is this also that rig at some point?

1715698104851.png

Reactions: BlueC
I don't see coilovers. I found this that looks to be the same rig at a different stage

View attachment 526834

Is the design on the side common? Or is this also that rig at some point?

View attachment 526835

I'll see if I can find it again because I swore it had coilovers on it in the flexin picture the owner had posted.

Edit: You're right ... Damn I'd swore I'd seen coilovers... Them some TALL ASS springs...

Last edited:
Reactions: reddvltj