Car pics too cool not to share

I remember those 5.0 LX Mustang State Patrol cars. There used to be one in upstate New York (Saratoga) who ran around with a baby blanket and a beach ball or soccer ball in the back window. Sneaky bastard...:sneaky:

Colorado took the shock and awe approach. These B4C Camaros were surprisingly hard to spot , even in full cop car dress.
The Camaros would out run the CSP mustangs , and had a higher top speed , ( 137 vs. 155 m.p.h. ) . They used to clock you with a plain wrapper , let you get a ways down the road , then run you down full afterburner with the Camaros .
COSPcamaro.jpg
e9e7cb4127f50e36a36c5636d251c811.jpg

Last edited:
Colorado took the shock and awe approach. These B4C Camaros were surprisingly hard to spot , even in full cop car dress.
The Camaros would out run the CSP mustangs , and had a higher top speed , ( 137 vs. 155 m.p.h. ) . They used to clock you with a plain wrapper , let you get a ways down the road , then run you down full afterburnner with the Camaros .View attachment 529063View attachment 529064

Can't say I've ever seen one. Did see a Jeep XJ Sheriff's unit about four years ago, though. That one kind of surprised me, mostly due to its age. Must've been one of the results from the "Defund the Police" movement...:sneaky:

An abandoned beer truck. Now that just may qualify as the saddest thing I've ever seen...;)

It does look abandoned but I wouldn't call it that. Although from the road it looks like it's in the woods I think it may be visible year round from the house closest to the street to the right of my fine artistry. Not sure about the house behide that one, before noticing it on google maps I never knew that other house was back there. Anyway, I hope if I ever see the owner the first thing he'd say is, "Not for sale, I'm going to fix it up someday."
Screenshot 2024-05-22 211346.png

It does look abandoned but I wouldn't call it that. Although from the road it looks like it's in the woods I think it may be visible year round from the house closest to the street to the right of my fine artistry. Not sure about the house behide that one, before noticing it on google maps I never knew that other house was back there. Anyway, I hope if I ever see the owner the first thing he'd say is, "Not for sale, I'm going to fix it up someday."
View attachment 529065

Funny how we oftentimes hope that something isn't for sale so that we don't have to go through the torment of wanting to buy something that we know damn well we don't need. It's so much easier when we don't actually have a choice. ;)

Can't say I've ever seen one. Did see a Jeep XJ Sheriff's unit about four years ago, though. That one kind of surprised me, mostly due to its age. Must've been one of the results from the "Defund the Police" movement...:sneaky:

The CSP used to have XJ's when they were still made , but these day's one of these patrol cars or trucks will spoil your day.
64c19c94f2111787c8623d8c5d15189b.jpg
ETPdqQaUwAI5hPe.jpg

Colorado took the shock and awe approach. These B4C Camaros were surprisingly hard to spot

Back when we had a showy Sheriff we had a couple of those Camaros around here, and one Impala SS.

1716469861178.png

One of my neighbors is still a little mad about that car. Apparently they were hard to come by when that car was new and our local dealership had one, so my neighbor went to buy it. After a day or two of back-and-forth, he thought they had a deal, then the Sheriff swooped in and bought the car. I've heard that story every time a black Impala SS drives by and I'm within earshot of my neighbor. :sneaky:

Some more from Sheriff Hege.
1716470189003.png

I know some characters, some may or may not be family members. :sneaky: I have more than a few stories like that in the 'ol catalog.

Since he's on my mind, I'll tell another quick one about my uncles "most dependable guy", Ross. (he really was a decent guy, he just made "redneck" choices ;)) One day in the mid '90s Ross got his license back and was excited to get to drive his 5.0 Mustang again. He took a Friday off to get everything done, which he did, so he went out riding or was driving back home. Well, while he was cruising down the road he came up on another Mustang and thought it would be fun to race, so he gets on the guys' ass, he's revving and blowing his horn trying to prod him into a race, you know, the usual stuff. Well, that car doesn't go for it, so Ross speeds around him, and when he does, he flips the guy the bird, which is when Ross sees the big State Trooper. Ross had his license for less than 24 hours. :ROFLMAO:

One of these.
View attachment 529020

I know some characters, some may or may not be family members. :sneaky: I have more than a few stories like that in the 'ol catalog.

Since he's on my mind, I'll tell another quick one about my uncles "most dependable guy", Ross. (he really was a decent guy, he just made "redneck" choices ;)) One day in the mid '90s Ross got his license back and was excited to get to drive his 5.0 Mustang again. He took a Friday off to get everything done, which he did, so he went out riding or was driving back home. Well, while he was cruising down the road he came up on another Mustang and thought it would be fun to race, so he gets on the guys' ass, he's revving and blowing his horn trying to prod him into a race, you know, the usual stuff. Well, that car doesn't go for it, so Ross speeds around him, and when he does, he flips the guy the bird, which is when Ross sees the big State Trooper. Ross had his license for less than 24 hours. :ROFLMAO:

One of these.
View attachment 529020
We had them here in California too. I drove one for 13 years, getting a new one every 100,000 miles. Tough car, held up great.
1691031541664.png

The GTF reminds me of the Mach 1 hood stripe

1716557997511.png

Power in the 351 GT F comes from a supercharged version of the 5.0-liter Coyote V-8 found in the Mustang. Other Falcon GT models feature this engine too, but with output tuned to 450 horsepower or less. The extra 20 horses of the 351 GT F were brought about by modifications made to the ECU and a new overboost function. Peak torque, meanwhile, registers at 420 pound-feet and is available from as low as 2,500 rpm. Some of the car’s engineers have revealed to Go Auto that the engine sometimes will produce more than the stated figures, even as much as 563 hp and 479 lb-ft, but only when the air is much denser, such as on a cold morning in areas of low altitude.

https://www.motorauthority.com/news...-is-fords-final-gt-badged-falcon-muscle-sedan

The GTF reminds me of the Mach 1 hood stripe

View attachment 529336

Power in the 351 GT F comes from a supercharged version of the 5.0-liter Coyote V-8 found in the Mustang. Other Falcon GT models feature this engine too, but with output tuned to 450 horsepower or less. The extra 20 horses of the 351 GT F were brought about by modifications made to the ECU and a new overboost function. Peak torque, meanwhile, registers at 420 pound-feet and is available from as low as 2,500 rpm. Some of the car’s engineers have revealed to Go Auto that the engine sometimes will produce more than the stated figures, even as much as 563 hp and 479 lb-ft, but only when the air is much denser, such as on a cold morning in areas of low altitude.

https://www.motorauthority.com/news...-is-fords-final-gt-badged-falcon-muscle-sedan

I'd drive that, even with the steering on the wrong side.