Car pics too cool not to share

I would absolutely own and drive a hearse, of any make. I've seen some nice ones from Pontiac, Oldsmobile, and Packard. I think I even saw a DeSoto one time, but that might just have been a "Wouldn't that be cool?" moment in my head.

I knew you were a weirdo. :sneaky:

1711218921714.jpeg

1711218931373.jpeg

I would absolutely own and drive a hearse, of any make. I've seen some nice ones from Pontiac, Oldsmobile, and Packard. I think I even saw a DeSoto one time, but that might just have been a "Wouldn't that be cool?" moment in my head.

Yep. One of the hearse clubs has the motto: "Don't let your first ride in a hearse be your last!".

Reactions: Squatch
I seem to remember my hood on my 64 not closing properly too. Or he could have a BBC and he modified it for cooling. I've known guys who did that to their Jeeps to help get the heat out from under the hood.

I'd accept the latter, except that it only appears to be on the driver's side. My guess is it's just a weak spring, or a bent hinge. I know my '60 was a 4-step process to close the hood:

1) Close hood at front
2) Push down passenger's side of hood nearest the cowl
3) Push down driver's side of hood nearest the cowl
4) Bow your head in prayer, hoping that the hood didn't fly up while you're bombing down the road

• Haha
Reactions: reddvltj and Zorba
I'd accept the latter, except that it only appears to be on the driver's side. My guess is it's just a weak spring, or a bent hinge. I know my '60 was a 4-step process to close the hood:

1) Close hood at front
2) Push down passenger's side of hood nearest the cowl
3) Push down driver's side of hood nearest the cowl
4) Bow your head in prayer, hoping that the hood didn't fly up while you're bombing down the road

Yep I think mine was similar to that process too. But I owned it in 1976 so my memory is a little fuzzy as to everything I did back then.

Yep I think mine was similar to that process too. But I owned it in 1976 so my memory is a little fuzzy as to everything I did back then.

Old cars are the best. There were/are so many little quirks and bits of character that made driving them more than just driving. New cars? Get in and drive. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Old cars are the best. There were/are so many little quirks and bits of character that made driving them more than just driving. New cars? Get in and drive. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Yes I can agree with you 100% on this one. There are many older rigs I'd rather have to deal with their quirks than the luxuries of the newer rigs.

Reminds me of those old VW-based kit cars, the Bradley GT, I think it was called.

This was just another model/manufacturer of them.