Car pics too cool not to share

1718701438732.png

So, I've been showing my '90 Dodge diesel some love the last few weeks. Steering components, power window work, door hinge repair, interior parts, fixing bad grounds...all fairly low-dollar stuff. That ended today when I finally bit the bullet and ordered a remanufactured Holset turbo for it. The original turbo has 420,000 miles of use, and the impeller is just starting to kiss the housing. It's definitely time. I have some buddies who felt I should just go with one of the cheap Chinese imports ($300), but I just couldn't. Not on this truck, anyways. I tried to locate a new OEM replacement, but the answer was always the same: "Not Available". So I went with a company that remanufactures them in-house. It was just shy of $1,500 for the stock replacement, which carries a 2-year warranty. Sure do love that old truck.
View attachment 535085

Now that she's getting a new turbo, how about some of these
Automotive DELUXE Front End Suspension Rebuild Kit Tie Rods+Idler Arm ...

and a little of this
1718715250486.jpeg

It doesn't have to be fancy, Rustoleum can be shot to look good. ;)

Now that she's getting a new turbo, how about some of these View attachment 535233
and a little of this View attachment 535232
It doesn't have to be fancy, Rustoleum can be shot to look good. ;)

Suspension and steering components are fairly tight. I've kept up with such things through the years. The upper ball joint boots have ripped, however, so it's just a matter of time before they'll need replacement again. As for paint, maybe just a coat of clear, no? :ROFLMAO:

My uncle once bought a Maverick Grabber late at night, only to discover the next morning that it had been brush painted. He wasn't as okay with it as you were with the GMC. ;)

The poor old Jimmy was a rust bucket - like most 6066 trucks were. Best thing we could have done with it - brush painted it school bus yellow.

Two reasons I would think I don't like that car:

1) It's a white car and I grew up in a house with well water that had a decent enough amount of iron in it that all three porcelain sinks, the tub and both toilets had multiple rust stains.

2) The overuse of chrome bling started in the 1950s and i realized I'd had enough by the time I was old enough to drink.

Anyway, I LOVE THAT CAR because the white paint doesn't let the chrome stand out to me like a sore thumb, and it doesn't look like every white toilet car i grew up seeing here in the rust belt.

Two reasons I would think I don't like that car:

1) It's a white car and I grew up in a house with well water that had a decent enough amount of iron in it that all three porcelain sinks, the tub and both toilets had multiple rust stains.

2) The overuse of chrome bling started in the 1950s and i realized I'd had enough by the time I was old enough to drink.

Anyway, I LOVE THAT CAR because the white paint doesn't let the chrome stand out to me like a sore thumb, and it doesn't look like every white toilet car i grew up seeing here in the rust belt.

The water where I live terrible too. it's a community well and they treat it with something that just makes it stain stuff. Can't tell you why but I have started liking White vehicles more as I grow older.

And yes I'm not a Chrome person either but this one is well done.