Car pics too cool not to share

I found some new yard ornaments today. These weren't there a few months ago.

IMG_1453.JPG

Riding flat and not in a depression.

My Dad worked out a deal for who knowns what… had a ‘68 A1, that was painted ‘Cat’ yellow by the PO. and
had it dropped off at our house when my sister and I were in school. Mom was at work.
And it was not in driving condition. The motor, trans, t/c, diffs, and half shafts we’re fine.
However, the lower A arms were torched in half. And the PO’s fix was less than desirable.
Our fix was little better and not too bad. And still 24 volts.

Last edited:
Reactions: reddvltj
If I didn't have to have a newer, fuel efficient car for work, I think I'd have an old 4-door as my driver. (y)
I used to drive a Montego Light Rose (pink) '65 Rambler Classic 660 wagon as my daily driver about fifteen years ago. Before that, a multi-hued (Calico!) '66 Rambler Classic 770 2-door hardtop was my daily. Folks at work thought I was nuts. It was always a hoot to see a sea full of Lexus, BMWs and Cadillacs in the company parking lot, with my Rambler thrown in the mix. I still think about doing that again. It would be a great way to finish out my last few years, here.

I used to drive a Montego Light Rose (pink) '65 Rambler Classic 660 wagon as my daily driver about fifteen years ago. Before that, a multi-hued (Calico!) '66 Rambler Classic 770 2-door hardtop was my daily. Folks at work thought I was nuts. It was always a hoot to see a sea full of Lexus, BMWs and Cadillacs in the company parking lot, with my Rambler thrown in the mix. I still think about doing that again. It would be a great way to finish out my last few years, here.

That's the way to do it!

Just remember, statistics say that ~75% of late model luxury brand vehicles (BMW, Lexus, Mercedes etc.) are rented, so they don't even own those cars they think are impressing random strangers. ;)

That's the way to do it!

Just remember, statistics say that ~75% of late model luxury brand vehicles (BMW, Lexus, Mercedes etc.) are rented, so they don't even own those cars they think are impressing random strangers. ;)
There are folks here driving cars that cost more than I paid for my house. If they are actually buying them, then I don't know how they do it, or why. I could do the same, I guess, but I elect not to. To each their own! ;)

That's the way to do it!

My CPA taught me years ago that renting a vehicle is nothing but expensive financing.

Reactions: BlueC