Car pics too cool not to share

Expanded metal is the go to for the sand rails I had or ran around with.

90% of the ones around here look like this, but driving on the other side. Sometimes you'll catch someone with side panels.

IMG_2738.JPG

That's one of my buddy's. I've been upside down in this one at least once. :sneaky:

When I was a youngster, "ruddy red" primer was what was on the low-buck and/or not yet completed hot rods. I think it may be more accurately referred to as "ruddy brown", but in my circle of friends and family, it was always ruddy red. I rarely saw grey primer, and don't recall ever seeing black primer on a build. I'm talking the '60s and early '70s. One almost never sees the ruddy red anymore. Thanks for the flashback, @Wildman. :)

When I was a youngster, "ruddy red" primer was what was on the low-buck and/or not yet completed hot rods. I think it may be more accurately referred to as "ruddy brown", but in my circle of friends and family, it was always ruddy red. I rarely saw grey primer, and don't recall ever seeing black primer on a build. I'm talking the '60s and early '70s. One almost never sees the ruddy red anymore. Thanks for the flashback, @Wildman. :)

Red oxide in the VW community as I knew it.

I don't know why this just jumped out at me, but I’ve never noticed the pusher fan setup on that car. A pusher with a shroud, what a weird and inefficient setup.

1711629746298.png

• Sad
Reactions: Squatch
I don't know why this just jumped out at me, but I’ve never noticed the pusher fan setup on that car. A pusher with a shroud, what a weird and inefficient setup.

View attachment 513066

I'd always seen it and just guessed that there wasn't room between the supercharger pulley & the radiator. I'd always known it wasn't an efficient means of cooling but just like guys who put the fan in front on a Jeep.