Car pics too cool not to share

I'd always seen it and just guessed that there wasn't room between the supercharger pulley & the radiator. I'd always known it wasn't an efficient means of cooling but just like guys who put the fan in front on a Jeep.

I would just watch the temp gauge a little more to have a Blown 57 Chevy. :LOL:

Reactions: Wildman
When I was a youngster, "ruddy red" primer was what was on the low-buck and/or not yet completed hot rods. I think it may be more accurately referred to as "ruddy brown", but in my circle of friends and family, it was always ruddy red. I rarely saw grey primer, and don't recall ever seeing black primer on a build. I'm talking the '60s and early '70s. One almost never sees the ruddy red anymore. Thanks for the flashback, @Wildman. :)

We always called it Red oxide primer or " red iron". and it's all we saw on cars until the late 80's.

you can stream it to anything - even a PHOOOOOONNE!!

Somebody can, probably not me. :D

I rarely use my phone for email and never surf the web from it. Mine has three main uses, as a phone (scandalous!), construction calculator and GPS. If (and that's a big IF) I'm going to watch something via the web, I'd prefer to do it on a large computer monitor as opposed to a tiny phone screen.

Regarding car and bike resto/custom shows, I've seen a few and they never did much for me. More about creating drama than working on cars. Maybe some of the shows are different but most seem to be about projects with questionable choices and absurd deadlines. Restoration and custom work takes time, and if I was paying someone what is likely a large sum of money to rehab a vehicle for me, I wouldn't want them rushing to get shit done.

Reactions: Squatch and Wildman
1711645645949.png

1711645684949.png

1711645722595.png

And for the record, it is NOT weatherproof, neither was that grey shit. :geek:

And yet it was applied to Building I beams , structure steel , and ships under construction at salt water yards.... :unsure:
PPG DP-90 and DP-74 ( Black and Red ) were both used for many years on Hotrods in Colorado without rust bleed.

The 1954 Oldsmobile F-88 only saw 4 units built before the project was canceled, but only one car still exists today. With a 250 horsepower Rocket 88 324 V8 engine and a fiberglass lightweight exterior, this could've been a very exciting sports car. The Oldsmobile F-88 was made on a Corvette chassis. At that time, Corvette only had 6 cylinder motors so Oldsmobile used their own 324 V8 engine.

1711649371059.png

And yet it was applied to Building I beams , structure steel , and ships under construction at salt water yards.... :unsure:
PPG DP-90 and DP-74 ( Black and Red ) were both used for many years on Hotrods in Colorado without rust bleed.

As someone who worked in the bodyshop business, I can assure of a couple of things. The rattle can primer used on most cars was not the same material used on structural steel and ships....and it was NOT weatherproof. Primer is called primer for a reason, it isn't a topcoat. Not going to debate this one any further.

Next thing you'll be schooling me on how rust converters work. :sneaky:

Reactions: Zorba and BlueC
Next thing you'll be schooling me on how rust converters work. :sneaky:

Ha Ha ! I will school you on rust converters , right after you school me on how superior the NSG 370 is to the AX - 15 . :LOL:
Of course primer should be top coated , but I have seen both DP - 90 and 74 go for 5-6 years that I knew them , work on a hot rod without rust bleed.
Maybe because the hotrods were garaged most of the time.