Car pics too cool not to share

As do the wheels and fender flares...and probably that white interior... ;)

The wheels didn't bother me that much and I could take or leave the Bushwacker flares...

Since I was a mechanic most of my life a White interior was never a good thing for me. I had a Chevy when I was a teenager that had a White interior and I'd get off work and no matter what I did I'd always leave a grease mark somewhere in it. Of course, a White interior in an Off-Road rig is impractical too.

I would just watch the temp gauge a little more to have a Blown 57 Chevy. :LOL:

I would gladly do a LOT of things for a Blown 57 Chevy...

You lookin' for a good time?

You obviously don't know the movie

Somebody can, probably not me. :D

I rarely use my phone for email and never surf the web from it. Mine has three main uses, as a phone (scandalous!), construction calculator and GPS. If (and that's a big IF) I'm going to watch something via the web, I'd prefer to do it on a large computer monitor as opposed to a tiny phone screen.

I can't stand to try and watch most videos on my phone. And I'm with you on I use mine for very limited things other than phone calls, text messages & the calendar.

Regarding car and bike resto/custom shows, I've seen a few and they never did much for me. More about creating drama than working on cars. Maybe some of the shows are different but most seem to be about projects with questionable choices and absurd deadlines. Restoration and custom work takes time, and if I was paying someone what is likely a large sum of money to rehab a vehicle for me, I wouldn't want them rushing to get shit done.

I've never been able to get into most any of the "shows" (it's a stretch to call them that) online. From 4wheeling related to restores or builds I lose interest in like 5 minutes most times.

I just LOVE everything about this car....

1711653271823.png

1711653721383.png

NSG 370 is to the AX - 15

As the owner of an LJ with the former, I've never claimed it to be superior to anything. In fact, I consider it to be the weakest part of the vehicle, but it's what they came with in '05 and I wasn't having an auto gearbox, so I'm living with it. Think you've got the wrong guy on that one. That said, I do prefer six speeds to five speeds if given the choice.

DP - 90 and 74

First off, don't be fooled by appearances. Just because a coating is flat red/brown, flat grey or flat black is not an indication of what the actual product is.

The products you listed are two part catalyzed epoxy primers and are applied with professional spray equipment. Regardless, they are not topcoats and are very susceptible to breaking down under UV exposure. They are part of a system and not weatherproof in and of themselves.

Many primers up until the early 80s (at the least) were lacquer based and uncatalyzed, though enamels (followed soon after by urethanes) had been introduced and were becoming more available to consumers. Most cars running around with primer as a topcoat in the '70s, '80s and '90s were using neither epoxies nor catalyzed products as anything from a rattle can was likely a lacquer or enamel based and set by solvent evaporation, not chemical hardening. Not durable or weatherproof finishes by any measure.

Sikkens did have a heavy build filling primer/surfacer back in the late '80s, the product name escapes me at the moment, which was weatherproof for a period of time after setting, provided that it wasn't sanded. Still not a topcoat.

FYI, just because you can't see rust or see bubbling under a coating doesn't mean something isn't rusting. Unless you are in 0% humidity, if you sand a panel to bare metal and do not protect it shortly thereafter, it will start rusting. It's called flash rust, is not something you can necessarily see unless in an extremely humid environment and can have an effect on adhesion of subsequent coating applications if not addressed. The use of epoxy primers in structural steel and ship building is for this very reason and not meant as a permanent coating or a solution to rust prevention. There are some steels that are designed to develop rust as a protective coating, but that is for another discussion. As for ships, doesn't matter what you coat them with, they rust.

Reactions: Zorba
The first

The first photo looked like a Kandy Apple blue , but the rest looked like a more typical BC/CC mix.
Definitely a ton of work and cubic dollars. The tailgate and lower dash treatments are take a away in my opinion.

Reactions: BlueC
The first

The first photo looked like a Kandy Apple blue , but the rest looked like a more typical BC/CC mix.
Definitely a ton of work and cubic dollars. The tailgate and lower dash treatments are take a away in my opinion.

He didn't say what the color was. The steering wheel kills it for me while I could deal with the center console. If used as a place to mount things obviously better than cutting up a stock dash.