Car pics too cool not to share

1711678186294.png

"You're the parts-car."
"No, you're the parts-car!"

Somebody can, probably not me. :D

I rarely use my phone for email and never surf the web from it. Mine has three main uses, as a phone (scandalous!), construction calculator and GPS. If (and that's a big IF) I'm going to watch something via the web, I'd prefer to do it on a large computer monitor as opposed to a tiny phone screen.

Regarding car and bike resto/custom shows, I've seen a few and they never did much for me. More about creating drama than working on cars. Maybe some of the shows are different but most seem to be about projects with questionable choices and absurd deadlines. Restoration and custom work takes time, and if I was paying someone what is likely a large sum of money to rehab a vehicle for me, I wouldn't want them rushing to get shit done.

You're preaching to the choir, I don't even own a damn smartphone and hate the things with a purple passion. I do EVERYTHING from my desktop computer - the one with 3 large screens, a real keyboard and a real mouse running a real operating system!

As for the show, it seems to have very little drama - its not like "American Chopper" where it was nothing but a non stop argument the entire time. OTOH, some of their choices are questionable to my mind - they like to lower EVERYTHING, and they seem to do things on the cheap. The latest was a burned-down Firebird with a blown engine. They found a used LS and put that in without even the benefit of a compression test - that was shown to the audience at least. OTOH, some of the custom graphics they do are fabulous - this car ended up with a "Screaming Chicken" that was all done by hand and it was beautiful. Wife and I have watched 4 episodes of the thing thus far.

As someone who worked in the bodyshop business, I can assure of a couple of things. The rattle can primer used on most cars was not the same material used on structural steel and ships....and it was NOT weatherproof. Primer is called primer for a reason, it isn't a topcoat. Not going to debate this one any further.

Next thing you'll be schooling me on how rust converters work. :sneaky:

Yep. We always called it "Red Lead", even though it really isn't. Its fine stuff, stop rust in its tracks - BUT - *MUST* be topcoated.

1933 Auburn Salon Brougham, a one-of-a-kind original, has had an interesting life. The automobile—one of only 129 Salon models made in 1933, the sole year they were produced—is the only known 8-cylinder Salon Brougham still in existence.
Prior to being certified as a coveted Category 1 by the Auburn Cord Duesenberg Club, this remarkable Salon Brougham spent more than a quarter century—from 1950 to 1976—in storage in a shed in Cabin Creek, West Virginia.

1711683124574.png

1711683143315.png

1711683174210.png

1933 Auburn Salon Brougham, a one-of-a-kind original, has had an interesting life. The automobile—one of only 129 Salon models made in 1933, the sole year they were produced—is the only known 8-cylinder Salon Brougham still in existence.
Prior to being certified as a coveted Category 1 by the Auburn Cord Duesenberg Club, this remarkable Salon Brougham spent more than a quarter century—from 1950 to 1976—in storage in a shed in Cabin Creek, West Virginia.

View attachment 513336

View attachment 513337

View attachment 513338

I don't know what it is about it, but that's a beautiful car. :love: I don't even want to lower it, but I would just for zorba. :sneaky:

I don't know what it is about it, but that's a beautiful car. :love: I don't even want to lower it, but I would just for zorba. :sneaky:

Slammed with the frame drappin just for Zorba... ;)

I just can't imagine it sitting in a shed for 25 years. I'd probably have to be resuscitated if I was ever to have a Barn Find like this. Obviously it's depended on which vehicle but I'd be trippin over my feet trying to get a look at it.

I just can't imagine it sitting in a shed for 25 years. I'd probably have to be resuscitated if I was ever to have a Barn Find like this. Obviously it's depended on which vehicle but I'd be trippin over my feet trying to get a look at it.

I've never "found" anything, but I've known about plenty of cars stuffed in and around barns, and bought one. How would you feel about a Chevy in a barn? 🤔

1711719512532.png

This car has been sitting here my whole life, and I'm mid 30s now. I pass this car weekly. I forget the whole story, but I’ve been told it's a 70s hot rod with hot SBC and 4-speed. There used to be a 2-door '60 Impala sitting behind it and a '79 T/A Pace Car, but those were sold off 15-20 years ago.

Edit; I remember the story of the '56. The current owner is the mother. Her son who built it in the '70s was being young and dumb and was killed while playing Evil Knievel. He attempted to jump an open pit (basement dugout for a new house) on a motorcycle. He hit the wall and snapped his neck. The Chevy has sat where he parked it since, and mother will not part with it.

I also know of a barn or two nearby full of 32-40 Fords, but those guys (brothers) know exactly what they have. It's some of my dads friends he grew up with. They pull one out every few years and build it, but those guys are getting up there in years now. Actually, one of those cars sitting around is a '40 Ford convertible that has been completely disassembled, parts restored, and was being reassembled by the father of the two brothers when he died of a heart attack while working on the car. That was also in the late '70s early '80s. Their mother refused to let them touch anything on that car for the rest of her life, and she just passed a few years ago. I don't think they have touched the car yet. I have seen that car once. It's a dust array of sorted and painted parts and bolts sitting near a burgundy painted body sitting on a painted frame.

Last edited:
Really wanting this car at the moment, good thing I don't have an extra 25k stashed to buy it, I suppose...

View attachment 513379

'65 Chevelle Malibu SS...with a 6 cylinder!

You should do it. As your financial advisor, I support this financial decision "investment vehicle". ;)

Last edited: