Car pics too cool not to share

1713156785900.png

Reactions: Squatch

It's not the 4X4 aspect of it that I'm surprised by (personally, I'm not a fan of that), it's the widened body that gets me. I've never seen that done on a vintage car before that wasn't an ambulance. Seen a number of modern(ish) vans that were widened for ambulance service, too, but man, a '57 Chev? Too wild!!! (y)

Reactions: BlueC and Wildman
It's not the 4X4 aspect of it that I'm surprised by (personally, I'm not a fan of that), it's the widened body that gets me. I've never seen that done on a vintage car before that wasn't an ambulance. Seen a number of modern(ish) vans that were widened for ambulance service, too, but man, a '57 Chev? Too wild!!! (y)

Yes he said that 2 wagons were used and it was widened by 5" I think. The interior is more Jimmy than 57 Chevy too.

As Edsel was never produced with the retractable hardtop, this one was a custom-built car that used a '57-'59 Ford retractable as a donor. Damn, that's cool! :cool:

They said just what you said. I knew some of you would recognize what was done here.

Reactions: Squatch
Modern racing seats and 5 point harnesses are likely mandatory, as are some form or roll over protection. That said, they do run older cars in other races over the weekend as they were driven in period, no belts or other safety devices.

I expected modern safety equipment, which I agree with. Actually, them running any race without more modern specs is surprising. I'm more familiar with drag racing, and the nostalgic stuff has to meet a more recent spec if they want to compete.

From the truck event, I think both of these trucks belonged to friends back in high school 20 years ago.

If this is my buddy's old truck, it has a Tune-Port swap and the only thing that has changed is the wheel/tire.
IMG_3887.JPG

If this is my other friend's truck, nothing has changed but the owner. Maybe the wheels are newer, but that's it.
IMG_3890.JPG

IMG_3891.JPG

I recognized those headlights as soon as I saw them. They looked fine on the Alero, but completely out of place on the Big Brown Box.

Like so many motor homes. Its fun to ID the cars that lights came from while you're cruising down I-5 for hours. My wife is also amused at how easily entertained I can be at times.