Car pics too cool not to share

1714098751245.png

14ltr straight six engine, gigantic Whipple supercharger, even bigger turbo, tubular twin scroll manifold, three external wastegates, three giant cone filters, countless water/meth nozzles. What does that make?
Well, 2800bhp, about a million billion torques, instant throttle response, lots of tyre smoke, and an absolutely insane sound to top it off.
Back in 2013 stunt driver and racer Mike Ryan teamed up with legendary tuner Gale Banks of to build a twin charged Freightliner truck to kick ass at Pikes Peak Hillclimb in.
Mike Ryan has raced before and since, many times, in a modified Freightliner up Pikes Peak, and kicks ass every time, but this 2013 version is for me the wildest version of them all.

Crazy looks, crazy sounds, crazy performance, but awesome engineering. Love it.

Speaking aesthetically, the '63 is a sweet spot in the entire Galaxie series of cars, IMHO
That roofline came out as a '63 & 1/2 model year offering. Prior to that, the 2-door hardtops were of the formal roof (box top) variety. Personally, I'm a fan of them both. Nice rides!

1714101852774.png

1714102197837.png

From Wikipedia:

The 1971 Hemi 'Cuda convertible is now considered one of the most valuable collectible muscle cars. Only thirteen were built, seven of which were sold domestically. The most recent public sale was at the June 2014 Mecum auction in Seattle, where a blue-on-blue 4-speed sold for US$3.5 million (plus buyers premium).

Here's a link to that car's story, which is utterly wild. My friends and I were talking about this one quite a bit, and trying to guess what it was going to sell for. None of us ever could have imagined the final price when the gavel fell! ;)

https://www.topspeed.com/most-expensive-hemi-powered-car-ever-sold-at-auction/#:~:text=At a 2014 Mecum auction,kings of collectible muscle cars.

Last edited:
That roofline came out as a '63 & 1/2 model year offering. Prior to that, the 2-door hardtops were of the formal roof (box top) variety. Personally, I'm a fan of them both. Nice rides!

I lean slightly more towards the '63 1/2, but I think even the front and rear end treatments are better looking than the years before and after.

Galaxie_500_AV.jpg
Galaxie_500_AR.jpg

1964_Ford_Galaxie_500_XL_2-Door_Hardtop.JPG
Ford_Galaxie_500_Coupé_1964.jpg

Came across this during an early morning net browse and thought it was a great photo of an iconic racing booty. I present for your delectation the gluteus maximus of a 1966 Lola T70 Spyder...

View attachment 521897

...and somehow via magic or voodoo, I am 10 years old again... :p

Thanks for the memory ! I never think of the spyder when I think of a T - 70 .
lolat70b.jpg