Catalytic converter has me down

So-- you like the kroil do you?? Do you think its better than PB Blaster??. People where I use to work, all they ever wanted to use was Kano Kroil-- me, i never really thought that it did much. I kind of always had a bias against it when the can says on it " creeps into openings as small as one millionth of an inch"
When I read shat like that-- I loose all faith in it

My apologies for going off & hi-jacking the thread

I've used both, and I prefer the Kroil over PB Blaster any day. Just my opinion from having used them both.

Did mine in the driveway with long extensions, swivels and a breaker bar.

Used a flow master replacement cat back from Summit Racing (fast shipping).

Took less than an hour.

Just ordered mine through SUMMIT, free delivery and should be here Friday. They were also the cheapest, so I thank you for this tip.

🍻

Reactions: Apparition
I had my cats removed the other day. My bolts also looked fairly corroded but they came right off with a socket wrench. I used 3 extentions and a wobble socket which made the job much easier.

Reactions: Apparition
Did mine in the driveway with long extensions, swivels and a breaker bar.

Used a flow master replacement cat back from Summit Racing (fast shipping).

Took less than an hour.
I used the Flow master set up as well. I got the Walker quiet muffler and a dynomax tailpipe. I'm at the mercy of shippers so had to mix it up. I wanted stock note and volume. The system worked great. In fact, it solved the CEL plague.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VKT19K/?tag=wranglerorg-20

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MUT0383/?tag=wranglerorg-20

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CQDMCA/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Reactions: Alex01
BTW, no rust here. I can loosen exhaust bolts easily. I'm in heaven now. Grew up in the rust belt of Vermont, everything seizes and corrodes. That was hell.

So I did the job in my driveway yesterday. Took forever mainly because I had to make repeated trips to the store for this and that. Once I had all the right stuff the 4 bolts at the manifold came out with little effort. The entire thing came out easily, but the new ones had heat shields and didn't want to go in with out moving the drive shaft. The bolts didn't want to go back in as easy as they came out. Bank 2 went in without the loss of too much knuckle meat. Bank 1 was a different story, but after several attempts and proof that I did 8 years in the USN, I looked at it from a different angle and could see that the flange didn't line up. Pry bar fixed that. Bolts went in a little easier then (not a lot of room for large hands). Finished buttoning everything up and cleared the P0420 code. I will drive it today to see how it goes.

🍻

I’m in the middle of the job now, replacing the whole thing. O2s and all. The bolts to the muffler are a bitch so I’m taking a hacksaw to it today. Easy job but frustrating for sure with limited space.

Reactions: Hunter Rich
I’m in the middle of the job now, replacing the whole thing. O2s and all. The bolts to the muffler are a bitch so I’m taking a hacksaw to it today. Easy job but frustrating for sure with limited space.

I was tempted to do the sensors also but didn't want to drop the $$ right now. Probably my kick myself if I have to do it in the future...

🍻

I was tempted to do the sensors also but didn't want to drop the $$ right now. Probably my kick myself if I have to do it in the future...

🍻

Sensors are easy, seriously. Compared to squeezing your hands in with a wrench to get to the bolts, they swap out quick.

Side track but aero roil is sold at the pro shops, not the common auto counter, I got on to it years ago and it’s good stuff

oh yeah search on google aero kroil deal for the best deal