Catalytic Converter Prices

Hopefully the police only showed up after you beat the shit out of him
Nope. No flogging of the thief. The service manager called the police, but the owner decided to not press charges.
He was more concerned about the dealerships image and felt if he pressed charges, he would loose local business.
Problem in this wonderful state of NJ, you rightfully flog some bastard... you get arrested for assault.

Last edited:
Nope. No flogging of the thief. The service manager called the police, but the owner decided to not press charges.
He was more concerned about the dealerships image and felt if he pressed charges, he would loose local business.
Problem in this wonderful state of NJ, you rightfully flog some bastard and you get arrested for assault.
Not much different here in NY. I had the cat cut off my E0 van, luckily my mechanic said legally I could put a piece of straight pipe on it. So that is what I did, not sure why but he said if I had a E150 or 250, I would of had to replace it. I know if i replaced it, it would be gone the next week.

I sold my oem mini cats and third cat to a guy on Craigslist when I replaced them all with the flowmaster kit. Got $200 for the three of them maybe 9 months ago, and the flowmaster cats only cost $210 back then.

The guy double checked the numbers stamped on the cats to see if they were OEM. Gave me $200 for the three, said if they were usual aftermarket replacements they'd be worth about $50 due to less precious metals inside.

Reactions: Tob
Problem in this wonderful state of NJ, you rightfully flog some bastard... you get arrested for assault.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/catalytic-converter-thief-stabbed-brothers-212951617.htmland this is why you just take them for a Texas truck bumper ride !

Found a use for the hilift! Too bad I draw like a 3 year old

1643295818980.png

It would have been worth it for the personal satisfaction of beating the shit out of a thief

I drove through the lot where I park my camper. (Stupid HOA)

The few box trucks in the lot had their cats missing. I definitely would not one to replace that.

How could you go about removing the two precats without throwing any codes?
Funny you asked this. I was looking into HP tuners looking for a way to adjust transmission shift points and found out that you can turn off the two post pre cat O2 sensors. I have not done this and do not know if it works. But even before seeing this thread I was thinking I would have rather spent the money on a the HP tuner set up and run a catless down pipe then pop the cash for the magnaflow again. I am still looking for someone who has done this with success. I have a friend with the module so I just have to by the credits. Not sure when it will become a priority but when I do I’ll post my result.

Funny you asked this. I was looking into HP tuners looking for a way to adjust transmission shift points and found out that you can turn off the two post pre cat O2 sensors. I have not done this and do not know if it works. But even before seeing this thread I was thinking I would have rather spent the money on a the HP tuner set up and run a catless down pipe then pop the cash for the magnaflow again. I am still looking for someone who has done this with success. I have a friend with the module so I just have to by the credits. Not sure when it will become a priority but when I do I’ll post my result.
I wonder if HP tuners would be able to fix the shift points on this 32rh its a dog.