CCV filter upgrade

I want to get rid of the hoses on my valve cover and replace them with crank case filters I like the look a lot better
And obviously block off the holes in the intake and manifold
Has anyone had problems after doing this?

I'm struggling to come up with why this would be an upgrade. The factory setup already pulls filtered air from the intake tract, burns the vapors in the engine instead of leaving sludge all over your valvecover, and maintains a nice vacuum within the crankcase to boot.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Ugly hoses or not, doing so will be a down grade to the longevity of an engine. Throw on a K&N and you should get about half the life expected of a otherwise bullet proof 4.0.

I already have a cowl intake done with a good sized filter
Didn't know the ccv to intake did much

I'm adding one like this. My recent increase in racecar style driving is putting a pretty good oil film on the bottom of my intake manifold. Plus those pcv plastic tubes going to the intake are really brittle so this will get rid of those.

Screenshot_20220829-000802_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I'm adding one like this. My recent increase in racecar style driving is putting a pretty good oil film on the bottom of my intake manifold 2019 f250 ccv filter. Plus those pcv plastic tubes going to the intake are really brittle so this will get rid of those.

View attachment 354776

I've had my truck for about a month now and so far I've done the egr and dpf delete. Ive recently removed the CCV filter and rerouted the vent line from the pre turbo inlet. I capped off the inlet at the turbo and I also capped off the intake line off the valve cover. I removed the CCV filter off the top of the motor and cut it apart, being careful not to damage the top half that held the filter, I gutted and cleaned it out. No more potential vent restriction to the crank case should the filter plug and more importantly no more feeding the compressor side of the turbo with oil from the crank case.Pretty straight forward mod, took about 1& 1/2 hours, the bulk of that digging out the filter and the glue that holds the filter media in the cover and cleaning it up.

This is a Jeep Wrangler TJ forum. None of them came from the factory with a diesel. Or a turbo. Are you just necrobumping this thread to add your experience in general with rerouting where the crank case vents to? Because forced induction absolutely makes things work differently than our engines do.

I've had my truck for about a month now and so far I've done the egr and dpf delete. Ive recently removed the CCV filter and rerouted the vent line from the pre turbo inlet. I capped off the inlet at the turbo and I also capped off the intake line off the valve cover. I removed the CCV filter off the top of the motor and cut it apart, being careful not to damage the top half that held the filter, I gutted and cleaned it out. No more potential vent restriction to the crank case should the filter plug and more importantly no more feeding the compressor side of the turbo with oil from the crank case.Pretty straight forward mod, took about 1& 1/2 hours, the bulk of that digging out the filter and the glue that holds the filter media in the cover and cleaning it up.

Bro, no idea why that link is in my quoted post or if you put that in there.:ROFLMAO:

BTW, idk what truck or engine or talking about but the cutting ccv box apart ain't necessary on a powerstoke 6.7. Just vent it down by the radius arm.