Center Body Mount Deletion

gasiorv

I'm a new world samurai, and a redneck nonetheless
Supporting Member
Anyone have any experience with deleting the center body mounts (the middle of the three under the door)? I am considering just cutting it off at the frame and grinding flush. Not looking to debate whether or not this mount is needed or why cut it off if Jeep Engineers determined it was needed, etc.... just looking to see if anyone has deleted and was there any adverse effects.

@jjvw cut off of the OEM mounts and welded on higher clearancing mounts. He said he used a reciprocating saw and a grinder to make them flush.

I can't resist.... What issue are you trying to solve?

Reactions: jjvw
The only thing that kept me from making through this line was the body mount. She climbed right up to that point and when i got it over the body mount she walked right out. Cutting off is much cheaper than all the stuff I would have to do to upgrade larger tires.

ingrids hard line 2.jpg

ingrids hard line.jpg

Reactions: Alex01
Anyone have any experience with deleting the center body mounts (the middle of the three under the door)? I am considering just cutting it off at the frame and grinding flush. Not looking to debate whether or not this mount is needed or why cut it off if Jeep Engineers determined it was needed, etc.... just looking to see if anyone has deleted and was there any adverse effects.
I have never met anyone that dumb, but I am more than willing to do so.

The only thing that kept me from making through this line was the body mount. She climbed right up to that point and when i got it over the body mount she walked right out. Cutting off is much cheaper than all the stuff I would have to do to upgrade larger tires.

View attachment 164918

View attachment 164919
Prehaps the GR raised mounts would solve your problem. You have a great looking TJR by the way.

https://genright.com/products/body-mount-lift-kit-tj-lj.html

i'm no engineer, but i would guess that if you removed those mounts, the cab would be stiffer and much less comfortable going offroad.

do it, relay the results. maybe it could be the new norm. xD

In all fairness to the OP, I don't know what the adverse affects would be either.

However, if I had to guess, it's that the tub needs all those mounts, and without two of them, it's going to put more stress on the others.

I was actually thinking about making my own higher clearance mount or just cutting it off altogether. Wanted to see if anyone had any experience with deleting all together. Didn't know that GR or anyone else already made higher clearance mounts so I will look at those (sometimes it is easier to buy pre-fabbed, sometimes not). Thanks.