Center body mount protection?

GASnBRASS

TJ Enthusiast
Mainly looking for protection of the center body mounts, so that if an errant log or rock contacts a body mount, the bracket and body bolt don't get totally mangled all to heck. Not running a body lift so no vertical gains to be had.

I see that Kilby used to have a two piece Body Clamz bolt on guard but it's long out of production.
Then there are the weld-on boatside raised boxed mounts which require hacking off the old mounts, no thanks.
Has anyone fabbed their own center body mount reinforcements and care to show their work?

Missed the part about not wanting to hack off the old ones.

It was actually a fairly painless job. Each mount took about 15-20 min from cut to weld.

You could box in what’s there, but you’re adding material that’s even more likely to be caught later if you’re already catching them. I’d suggest maybe it’s time to evaluate your build and what you want, you’re looking at either accepting what’s there or fixing it for the terrain you like.

I run the Swag Offroad body mounts. They are the “hack off the old, weld on the new” version, but they will take all the abuse you can throw at them.

24380226-1410-4BA2-A4C0-17C70E84AB0E.jpeg

I'm not running a body lift, so cutting off the original mounts to weld something in the same place is extra work for no extra clearance. I might just box in what's there to duplicate the boatside weld on mounts.