Cheap Front Bumper Suggestions

Folsom07

Interested in making a few more upgrades to my 2003 Tj. As I am a high school student with a part time job, prices are everything. I am wanting to do a front bumper with a bull bar and winch mount, also some flat style fender flares. How cheap is too cheap for thees upgrades? Is Ebay a reliable source?

Could always opt for a Tomken winch plate ($150ish) and cut down your OE bumper. Flares could be free, I've seen people cut the original plastic, flexible flare for a different look.

I use Ebay for a ton of shit. Just make sure you read the descriptions carefully, and be aware of the buyers score.

I buy a ton of stuff with eBay without concern, try to stay away from the stuff shipping from China though. There are plenty of nice front winch bumpers on both Amazon and eBay for under $200.00 I installed an EAG version with LED work lights already installed and then drilled holes to mount my factory fog lights. I don't have any experience with flat fenders though.

Reactions: Folsom07
Check craigslist or facebook marketplace for bumpers. I paid $50 each for my front and rear. Got it’s worth saving my front end a ton when someone cut me off! You can see in the pic the left side is tweaked back a little.
YJ front bumpers should fit the TJ no problem too but don’t quote me on that.

FF024ACB-50A1-429B-87DE-33B4D2D77056.jpeg

I removed my milk jugs and repainted my oem bumper, and used square tubing that slid into receiver mounts with heavy D-rings welded to the ends for recovery points. Total cost $50.
I used a razor blade to cute my factory flares for a flat look, bedlined them then clear coated to be durable. Total cost $35.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joseph and tworley