Check guages light

Gmannewt

I cant seem to find the specific possible answer on the forum.

I know that the check guages light, in conjunction with the oil pressure guage dropping at idle, is usually considered to be the sending unit.

I replaced that. Everything good usually, but intermittently, and without reason, it suddenly happens. Rev engine q little, needle goes up to normal. Will them stay up and down for the rest of that drive. Next drive or two, may be ok. Then sometime later, happens again.

Thoughts?

Thanks

I cant seem to find the specific possible answer on the forum.

I know that the check guages light, in conjunction with the oil pressure guage dropping at idle, is usually considered to be the sending unit.

I replaced that. Everything good usually, but intermittently, and without reason, it suddenly happens. Rev engine q little, needle goes up to normal. Will them stay up and down for the rest of that drive. Next drive or two, may be ok. Then sometime later, happens again.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Inspect the wiring and connector for the oil pressure sending unit for damage or oxidation to the connection surface.
Inspect the ground wiring stud to the left of the oil filter to ensure the wiring connections are clean and the nut holding the terminals is tight.