Child seats and top off?

I drive with top off with the kids and they love it. 2 boys 8 and 6, 1 girl y years old. I remember when I was a kid riding in the back seat with buddies unbuckled and literally rolling around balled up bouncing around on corners, starts, stops, etc. I think society is way too focused on safety now, to the point where a lot of the stuff we enjoyed as kids is gone. Remember merry go rounds? Teeter totters? Jungle bars?

I drive with top off with the kids and they love it. 2 boys 8 and 6, 1 girl y years old. I remember when I was a kid riding in the back seat with buddies unbuckled and literally rolling around balled up bouncing around on corners, starts, stops, etc. I think society is way too focused on safety now, to the point where a lot of the stuff we enjoyed as kids is gone. Remember merry go rounds? Teeter totters? Jungle bars?

Apparently I'm the same age as @BendLarry's youngest... that being said when I was a kid the household rules were seat belts in front seats only... How did we survive?!?

Reactions: BendLarry
Last weekend I had the top off with my son who is 9 months and my daughter who is 2.5. I took a ratchet strap and secured the car seats in lol. My son slept the whole time but my daughter loved it. I remember riding with the top off and doors off at a young age and it's something I wouldn't want them to miss.

Reactions: StG58 and IronCity
How do you all strap in the car seats?? The seat belts in mine don't "lock" when pulled all the way out, and there are no "seat anchors". I've taken my girls out once so far, but only around town. During that short ride I used ratchet straps to secure the car seats around the roll bar & seat.

How do you all strap in the car seats?? The seat belts in mine don't "lock" when pulled all the way out, and there are no "seat anchors". I've taken my girls out once so far, but only around town. During that short ride I used ratchet straps to secure the car seats around the roll bar & seat.
Mine has an anchor in the back by the tailgate so I used a ratchet strap through the car seats and secured it that way. I couldn't get my seatbelts to lock either. I'll take a picture of what I hook mine to later this evening and post it on here for you.

Not sure if your seats are same, I would think they are since they all function the same. Here's what I anchor to.
7989cbdbe6c70afbd954f17e66575c11.jpg
5e567d3ce5115a48c6d4ba0144a730ac.jpg
1668ae6f399142d1bcca18e74f1f2a6a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NicKnack
I attached the ratchet strap to these
IMG_2964.JPG
IMG_2965.JPG

Reactions: NicKnack
Those anchor points aren't in my Jeep anymore, I think the p/o removed them and there's also an aftermarket seat installed. I'll have to double check it, but I'm almost positive there aren't any anchors built in.

What I ended up doing was running the straps through the seat belt anchor points on the car seats and tightening down around the seat and roll bars.

I figured that if the roll bar and seat leaves the Jeep then there are way more problems happening than just the car seats leaving the Jeep.

Reactions: Jughead
5 yr old and 8 year old love it, both in great car seats. With toddlers I'd be watching to make sure the wind isn't too much.

When we're in the car with the windows down it's too much for them, but they seem to love it in the Jeep. I assume because there's no roof or walls lol. I also only drive around with them locally, so I'm not going more than 35 at any given time.

My 5 year old loves cruising with no top or doors, rocking my jeep hat. Working on getting my 2 year old son out for a cruise, he hates the wind factor.
20170529_123712.jpg