Chili pepper build

Jeep_guy3

TJ Enthusiast
I've owned my jeep about 5 years now, I've got a build thread over on wranglerforum but figured I'd start one over here too. When I got it, the PO had lifted it and put on 36" Iroks, he used a 4" rough country lift, 2" body lift, and about a 2" transfer case drop to achieve this monstrosity. He had receipts for all the work and it had about 500 miles on all of it.
image.jpg

I drove around in it all summer and loved it, then began planning and scheming on how to make it "mine" and how I was going to lift it the right way. I purchased adjustable control arms from iron rock offroad, a SYE and driveshaft from Adams. I also purchased a Novak cable shifter for the tcase.
image.jpg

Next was bilstien shocks, WOW, what a difference in ride quality. Then came bumpers, and a winch. I got pulled over for the 36x13.5 tires sticking out beyond the factory flares, so, impulse took over and I got pocket flares (broke the first day and remained zip tied on for a couple years). I slowly added small things like sound bar, soft top, OBA, aluminum rad, in cab winch controls, etc.
image.jpg

Life took over and I relocated to the oregon coast, I replaced the 36x13.5x16 tires with a set of 35x12.5 km2 on alloy 15" wheels and that's how it stayed for a year.

Just recently I've added xenon fender flares, black magic brakes, Powertrax no slip front locker, synthetic winch line,PRP seats, front anti-rock, currie correctlync steering, UCF tummy tuck, Savvy gas tank skid and Rockhard 4x4 sliders.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Reactions: bostontj
That my friend looks FANTASTIC! I especially love the color as well.

I think everything you've done with it is spot on what I would have done too.

Unfortunately I ordered mine off ebay before I knew Big Sarge was making/selling them. My mom ordered the flat one for me for Christmas, and she accidentally ordered the one for a YJ, so I wasn't able to make it work until I got the lever.

Reactions: Chris
image.jpg
image.jpg

We had highs of 65 today on the coast, so I spent the early morning making the jeep summer ready, loaded up the 5 month old German Shepard, Rosco, and drove around newport today. I can't wait to get to TSF sometime soon.

Reactions: waynepope66
Good looking jeep! Do you really need 2" body lift? Not criticism, just a question. I have fought to not use them to keep my CG as low as possible.

Good looking jeep! Do you really need 2" body lift? Not criticism, just a question. I have fought to not use them to keep my CG as low as possible.

Thank you!
The BL was on it when I got the jeep. My plan was and still is, to cut it down once the tummy tuck and savvy gas tank skid were installed. Now that I've got those installed, I will be measuring my clearances and either buying a 1.25 kit, or just shaving down what I can off of the 2", obviously I'd rather get a new set, so I don't have to worry about making sure all the pucks are cut the same, but that will depend on what measurements I come up with. As I'm sure you know, a small body lift is required to run a tummy tuck and the savvy GTS at its highest level.

Thank you!
The BL was on it when I got the jeep. My plan was and still is, to cut it down once the tummy tuck and savvy gas tank skid were installed. Now that I've got those installed, I will be measuring my clearances and either buying a 1.25 kit, or just shaving down what I can off of the 2", obviously I'd rather get a new set, so I don't have to worry about making sure all the pucks are cut the same, but that will depend on what measurements I come up with. As I'm sure you know, a small body lift is required to run a tummy tuck and the savvy GTS at its highest level.
I run the Nth TT and Atlas without any BL.

Reactions: Chris
It comes with a dimple tool. You put it on a specific spot on the TC and jack it up. It dimples the tub in just the right spot.

Last edited: