Chili Pepper Frame Swap

Managed to get her up and off the frame quite a bit today. Really was not a big deal except for snapping the bolt on the steering shaft. Going to roll her out in the AM and have at it with the power washer.

View attachment 121572
Hey i'm starting this same project, frame swapping a 97 TJ to a bare frame. Could you possibly go into how to get to the rolling chassis? From what i've put together it's the body mount bolts, steering column, electric harness, gas tank, and maneuvering around the shifter but are there any other hard connections that would snap when lifting the body up? I imagine anything else dangling in between would be easy to spot

Reactions: TJ4Jim
Hey i'm starting this same project, frame swapping a 97 TJ to a bare frame. Could you possibly go into how to get to the rolling chassis? From what i've put together it's the body mount bolts, steering column, electric harness, gas tank, and maneuvering around the shifter but are there any other hard connections that would snap when lifting the body up? I imagine anything else dangling in between would be easy to spot
I started with the interior removal then all the bolt on stuff such as doors, hood, top and tailgate., steering removal became an issue so be prepared to just cut stuff out and replace. Body bolts we not to bad, I got 7 of 11 to come out and the remainder were the torque boxes that were to be replaced anyway. Some remove fenders but it really did not create any additional challenges. Other then that you have it pretty well covered.

I would suggest picking up a cheapo large tarp at HF, fold in half to double up and dust tape the perimeter to the floor. Save a lot of clean up effort.

Reactions: Nickgsjeep