Alabama Choccolocco MTN ride

So is it decided if this will be Choccolocco or Hawk's Pride yet?

Since it's still labeled Choccolocco I'm guessing that's the target?

Reactions: trojandawg
Seeing AndyG and Jerry commenting on another ongoing trainwreck post made me think about this one :)

Not that this is a trainwreck, just got me wondering if there is still any interest and if so timeframe.

Seeing AndyG and Jerry commenting on another ongoing trainwreck post made me think about this one :)

Not that this is a trainwreck, just got me wondering if there is still any interest and if so timeframe.

Just waiting on @Jerry Bransford to let us know when he is ready to kick some trail!!!!!

Ok not that any one goes Topless or anything like that. Apex offroad club is hosting their 3rd annual Go Topless day event at Choccolocco this year.
Screenshot_20240203_050343_Chrome.jpg

My experience at Chocco is that it has mild and it has wild, not a lot of in between. They have a trail called Hell's Revenge which is a fun technical rock trail that is not steep and a lot of fun and it leads into a trail called Cherry Bomb which is another rocky technical trail without a lot of consequence for failure. Everything else is kind of just trail riding or steep hill climbs. You got to be careful as well because something on the map that is marked as EZ or Moderate could now be very Hard. The worst situation I ever put myself in and a situation that could of resulted in a very very bad outcome was on a "moderate" trail called IROC, my wife heard some of the story but definitely not the whole story kind of bad situation, there is just somethings that she doesn't need to hear. Not trying to take away from the park, it is a fun day and worth the trip at least once, but it is a buggies show up at night to hill climb type of place.

I attached map of chocco. If/when you all decide to go I will hopefully be able to make it, but if not I can definitely post up some trails to hit and link together before you all go. If I was getting a group together, especially a group that would be travelling and possibly wheeling more than one day, I would consider driving a little extra and going to Hawk Pride but am not saying you won't have a good time at chocco. I am good either way.

Attachments

• CHOC.pdf
    13.4 MB · Views: 33
I attached map of chocco. If/when you all decide to go I will hopefully be able to make it, but if not I can definitely post up some trails to hit and link together before you all go. If I was getting a group together, especially a group that would be travelling and possibly wheeling more than one day, I would consider driving a little extra and going to Hawk Pride but am not saying you won't have a good time at chocco. I am good either way.

This is basically the Go Topless day event for Apex offroad. Not sure what they have planned I have been to one other ride they put on and it was pretty well organized.

What about Hawks Pride ?? Need some good medium type trails. Did not think the TJ group was a "wild" bunch ??

Is that correct ?? D https://apexoffroadclub.org/

I just saw they were having a go Topless day event again. And threw it out there. I know the first one we went on with them, @AndyG @Hog and @tr21triton it was pretty much all easy trails.

They try to get new Jeep folks to come out and have a good time.