Cigarette lighter to USB conversion

KimsJeep

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
I want to take my cigarette lighter out of my Jeep and put a usb charger unit in it's spot. Does such a thing exist? I'm not talking about just plugging a USB adapter into the lighter hole, I want to completely remove lighter unit and replace with usb. I have tried looking on Amazon and Google but all I am finding is the style that you would plug into the lighter. My lighter in my Jeep is on the blink of extinction and I figure if I have to replace it, might as well just put what I want in the hole instead of another lighter and adaptor.

Thanks.

Oh, hopefully I got this in the right forum. Not sure if it should have been under gear?

I did the same thing. It's a fairly easy task. You just need to remove the factory pigtail and attach the wires to the new usb unit. I made mine always hot since I like having the ability to charge my phone while the jeep is off.

Reactions: 4speedhandler
I did the same thing. It's a fairly easy task. You just need to remove the factory pigtail and attach the wires to the new usb unit. I made mine always hot since I like having the ability to charge my phone while the jeep is off.
how hard was it to make it always hot?

FD78F85C-A705-4DF2-9A8A-E44FB479876D.jpeg

Easy peazy

Ok, my USB port came today. Just had to do a little grinding on the hole to make it a tad bigger. All works good and I can now charge my phone. :D Or at least have it plugged in when I am using the music portion of it. :D

FEyZ2pfzTImqKS8XFcYEig.jpg

%S%s9Z1JS7+eZkUNXvbTeQ.jpg

Reactions: KCsTJ and matkal