WTB: Clean frame for 98 6-cylinder

NJW

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Looking for a clean frame to swap into a 6 Cylinder TJ. I'm in Pagosa Springs, CO - not opposed to having one shipped either, but local would obviously be a plus. Thanks.

Looking for a clean frame to swap into a 6 Cylinder TJ. I'm in Pagosa Springs, CO - not opposed to having one shipped either, but local would obviously be a plus. Thanks.

There is one in MN but I don't know that I fully trust the "refurb" part. To convert any 97-02 frame to work with your 98, you can use normal height snubbers under the grill or add the little platform for the shorter 98 snubbers. That is the only difference between a 98 and the rest of the 97-02 frames.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/536...cently_seen&multi_permalinks=1390669158517349

Reactions: SkylinesSuck
1701099721651.png

Reactions: NJW
i can go look at the one in Baxter its about 45 mins from me if you want eyes on it other than seller

Thanks man! Hoping for something I can drive a pickup, and see for myself. If that doesn't happen, I may take you up on that.

Thanks man! Hoping for something I can drive a pickup, and see for myself. If that doesn't happen, I may take you up on that.

Worst case i have an 06 4.9 auto frame at work we just got in. I went and got eyes on it looks really clean 118k on it for 1000 bucks

I messaged this guy, but was turned off due to his response. I asked him about shipping, and either he was drunk messaging me back, or english wasn't his primary language. Couldn't get a straight answer about his price either?

Likely just as well. Looking at the front side of the left shock tower shows a lot of bubbling which is usually indicative of rust that has been painted over. Not sure, but that is what it looks like.

Likely just as well. Looking at the front side of the left shock tower shows a lot of bubbling which is usually indicative of rust that has been painted over. Not sure, but that is what it looks like.

If you blow up the pictures it looks like heavy pitting all over the place. Not saying it's a bad frame but if I'm paying a premium I expect a premium frame

I found locally, but they're asking $3200 - which is admittedly more than I'd like to pay...

• Wow
Reactions: BlueC