Clean Jeeps

A little off topic but for you cold weather jeepers, where do you get it washed. I really don't want to bring it through the wash but I don't want the salt all over it either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd make sure to use the Washer's big spray/pressure washer to clean every nook and cranny in your chassis and underbody! There's a thousand nooks and crannies for debris to get stuck in.

Stumbled across this Unicorn back in March.

2006 with 20K miles. Got some work to do, but I couldn't have asked for a better place to start!

Jeep 1.jpg
Jeep 2.jpg

2006 with 20K miles. Got some work to do, but I couldn't have asked for a better place to start!

View attachment 9132 View attachment 9133
Every time I see a TJ with the top down and half doors, I drool...just can't see paying what they want for 'em, though...plus the cost of the uppers. $$$

Reactions: Kyle_W and Chris
Every time I see a TJ with the top down and half doors, I drool...just can't see paying what they want for 'em, though...plus the cost of the uppers. $$$

Oh I felt the same way ..... I drooled right on the dotted line as I signed for it too! It was one of those deals that I couldn't let walk. To find a TJ in that shape, with that low mileage was a once off chance. The soft top had never even been let down. There was literally dust caked on the top of the sound bar. At 17k, I couldn't say no.

View attachment 9132 View attachment 9133
That's about the nicest looking X I have seen in a long while. The white one I had prior to my Rubicon looked ok, but this one really stands out! I think the only thing I personally would do is paint that chrome winch hoop black. Looks sharp with those wheels also. 20K? Just off the factory floor practically.

Oh I felt the same way ..... I drooled right on the dotted line as I signed for it too! It was one of those deals that I couldn't let walk. To find a TJ in that shape, with that low mileage was a once off chance. The soft top had never even been let down. There was literally dust caked on the top of the sound bar. At 17k, I couldn't say no.
The story of my Rubicon purchase. In its case, the hard top was on, and the soft top was still folded up in the back with the vinyl cover snapped around it. The soft top had never been taken out of the factory wrap or removed from behind the back seat in 12 years...I could not believe the shape it was in for the price I got it for.
IMG_0809_zpsz8jtbuj7.jpg

$16.9k with 18,300 miles on the odo...has the hard top also

Last edited:
That's about the nicest looking X I have seen in a long while. The white one I had prior to my Rubicon looked ok, but this one really stands out! I think the only thing I personally would do is paint that chrome winch hoop black. Looks sharp with those wheels also. 20K? Just off the factory floor practically.

That's how I was ... I had to look, and look again when I first saw it. I couldn't believe the shape it was in. I actually had an 05 with 70k that was sold out from under me the day before I walked into this one. That chrome hoop was the first thing I pulled and had PC'ed black! Funny you say that ... Everyone likes them, but i'm not really a fan of the rims. They came with the Jeep, so I couldn't rightly complain. I'll have a new pair of shoes on her before spring =)

Being 10 years old, and damn near factory new, I plan on having a long, long relationship with this one unlike some of the Jeeps in my past =)

Reactions: UpperMI and Chris
The story of my Rubicon purchase. In its case, the hard top was on, and the soft top was still folded up in the back with the vinyl cover snapped around it. The soft top had never been taken out of the factory wrap or removed from behind the back seat in 12 years...I could not believe the shape it was in for the price I got it for.
View attachment 9136
$16.9k with 18,300 miles on the odo...has the hard top also

That's a hell of a deal. Less than I paid for my 67k mile LJ non-Rubicon. There is currently an 8,700 mile 2006 Ruby for sale on Autotrader.com.... listed for $29.9!

Reactions: Chris
Funny you say that ... Everyone likes them, but i'm not really a fan of the rims. They came with the Jeep, so I couldn't rightly complain. I'll have a new pair of shoes on her before spring =)
I think they look great, they're different without being too gaudy. I'd enjoy them for a while, and, those look like good tires also...

I bought this '03 TJ from a couple who were in their mid '70s. They were in their mid '60s when they bought it and they barely used it. The hard top had never been off meaning of course the soft top had never been on. Getting the hardtop off after being on for 10 years was not that easy. It did not come with the half doors or Moab wheels - I added those later.

picture.php?albumid=3124&pictureid=51975.jpg

I bought this '03 TJ from a couple who were in their mid '70s. They were in their mid '60s when they bought it and they barely used it. The hard top had never been off meaning of course the soft top had never been on. Getting the hardtop off after being on for 10 years was not that easy. It did not come with the half doors or Moab wheels - I added those later.

View attachment 9153
Very nice looking Jeep. Please share your suspension/tire size setup, if you don't mind...