Clean Jeeps

How's the other half?
Pretty good really...although depends which end of New Zealand you live in... South Island is cooler that the North...and I'm in the north...where I am its gets down to a chilly 50 degrees haha...but south island will get down to maybe 23 in some parts.......biggest draw back though....NO JEEP PARTS!!!!!! ( I may have to start one...I'd stock ,angry eyes, Chrome and hi-lift jack to put on the bonnet) hahaha

DSC_0528.jpg

2006 Jeep LJ 4.0 6 speed. Just cleaned it up the other day and detailed the engine bay while I was at it! (Who does that right?)

Mine is in dire need of cleaning. Ive fixed a few oil seals and accumulated a lot of dirt and dust this past summer. Can you please advise how you went about cleaning it? I'm a slight bit concerned with wiring and electronics in general.

Thanks Steve!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is in dire need of cleaning. Ive fixed a few oil seals and accumulated a lot of dirt and dust this past summer. Can you please advise how you went about cleaning it? I'm a slight bit concerned with wiring and electronics in general.

Thanks Steve!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy to help! So there are a few different things you can do. You can spray de greaser (mostly on the block, firewall, and inner fenders) and let it sit for 10-20 minutes. Keep the motor running and spray it with a pressure washer. Try to avoid spraying the battery, altenator, and air box (a little won't hurt so don't freak out to bad if it hits lol). Be sure to spray underneath the hood really good too. And honestly the only other thing I do is take a micro fiber cloth or red rag that you won't mind throwing away when you are done and give every inch that you can reach and touch a good wipe down.

I didn't use the de greaser in that last photo on this jeep. This one was already really clean due to the low mileage and wasn't off tossed. Just dusty. A damp cloth does wonders though.

Reactions: fourpointzero