Codes for all four O2 sensors coming up on my 2006 Rubicon

All four codes are coming up on my 2006 Rubicon
P0135
P0141
P0155
P0161
I've changed out the sensors with NTK sensors. I've sent the computer off to SIA Electronics and they reported the ECM is fine. Any ideas to get me going. The codes come on all at the same time.

Last edited:
How old are your Cats? Those will plug up and throw codes for your 02s. Do you feel any loss of power lately?

Swapped my plugged cats for Walker cats and cleared all my codes.

I was getting random O2 sensor codes too, fortunately I talked to the previous owner (Gerald of Savvy) who said he had already changed all four sensors which didn't help. It turned out to be my pre-cats causing the codes. Replacing them stopped all the codes and I haven't had a check engine since which has been 7-8 years.

I was getting random O2 sensor codes too, fortunately I talked to the previous owner (Gerald of Savvy) who said he had already changed all four sensors which didn't help. It turned out to be my pre-cats causing the codes. Replacing them stopped all the codes and I haven't had a check engine since which has been 7-8 years.
What are pre cats? Are you saying I need to replace my cataLytic converters. I thought the code for catalytic problems was P0432.

What are pre cats? Are you saying I need to replace my cataLytic converters. I thought the code for catalytic problems was P0432.

Yes.

Pre-cats are the two cats in your downpipes right under the intake manifold. There is also a third cat under the vehicle next to the transfer case.

There are codes for a bad catalytic convertor, but more often than not those codes (or at least not all of them) will not be displayed when the pre-cats are going bad, instead the O2 sensor codes (all four of them) will show.

It's a crap shoot, sometimes you get the bad cat codes, other times you don't.

What we are saying is that you need to replace your pre-cats. I posted a link to the replacement part in my post above.

Your cats are done for, I'd bet on it.

Same thing happened on my 2005 Rubicon and it was the cats.

Replaced them with a set of these (which also work on your 2006):

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0031G6YT6/?tag=wranglerorg-20

That got rid of the issue. The cats plug up over time, especially on a 13+ year old vehicle.
Hey Chris, Do you see any reason that the cats you have marked above wouldn't work in a 2001. On amazon it says it doesn't fit. I know on mine the rear cat bolts on and this one is welded on. thanks

Hey Chris, Do you see any reason that the cats you have marked above wouldn't work in a 2001. On amazon it says it doesn't fit. I know on mine the rear cat bolts on and this one is welded on. thanks

I can’t see why they wouldn’t. The exhaust systems are the same from 2001 on up.

I used the flowmaster exhaust system and it worked great. Codes gone. I also installed a quiet muffler and a new tailpipe. I did not want loud. My exported Jeep only has one O2 sensor, but this sytem is made for US models. I used bung plugs. Well, I should say O2 sensor bung hole plugs. I don't want to be taken out of context.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MUT0383/?tag=wranglerorg-20