Coil spring is bowing on Rough Country lift

AaronPaul

TJ Enthusiast
Alright guys, 2000 TJ, just installed the Rough Country 2.5 inch lift.
However, the drivers side coil is bowing towards the front of the vehicle.

Tires are back on and when I set it down it bows out as you can see. Even hitting that whole metal housing area.

Sway bar is still disconnecting along with end links and steering stabilizer.

How do I fix this and any idea of why it’s happening?

Thank you

43C0F8F7-4B71-4ACD-AC9F-0177717A73C6.jpeg

70A8055F-79C4-460F-A850-5C4D82EA1CCA.jpeg

How much actual lift did you get? You’ll need to measure your springs. Stock front 12” and rear 8”. Anything over is lift height.

Reactions: AaronPaul
How much actual lift did you get? You’ll need to measure your springs. Stock front 12” and rear 8”. Anything over is lift height.

I’m not sure how much of a lift I got tbh.
Just measured the front passenger side which is NOT bowed and it measures at about 14 inches. Obviously the wheels are on and the Jeep is on the ground

Alright guys, 2000 TJ, just installed the Rough Country 2.5 inch lift.
However, the drivers side coil is bowing towards the front of the vehicle.

Tires are back on and when I set it down it bows out as you can see. Even hitting that whole metal housing area.

Sway bar is still disconnecting along with end links and steering stabilizer.

How do I fix this and any idea of why it’s happening?

Thank you

View attachment 334621

View attachment 334622

is your axle completely centered?

Reactions: AaronPaul
If you used the OEM front track bar, with a 2" lift you can expect your front axle to be offset about 1/4" toward the left. The left tire will appear to stick out the left side a little, while the right tire will appear to sit inward a little. There is nothing wrong with that, it doesn't bother alignment. And if you installed an adjustable front track bar, you can center the axle. It really doesn't matter with that small of a lift, and it should have nothing to do with your bowing spring.