Concealed Carry

I still prefer to CC over open due to the fact that sometimes it's best that nobody know you are armed. If someone planning on doing you harm sees that you are armed they can change their approach, come from a blind spot and take control of your draw hand or fire arm before you can react. If they don't even know it is there they can't preplan for it.

Try out a canted cross draw on the weak side if you're right handed. Doesn't interfere with driving and the seat belt doesn't get hung up on the butt or holster. I had to fiddle around a bit to find a holster and carry position that worked in the TJ. That solution carries and rides nice as well as being right under your hand if you need it. You can pull with your weak hand efficiently as well, if the need arises.

I still prefer to CC over open due to the fact that sometimes it's best that nobody know you are armed. If someone planning on doing you harm sees that you are armed they can change their approach, come from a blind spot and take control of your draw hand or fire arm before you can react. If they don't even know it is there they can't preplan for it.
I do as well - just can't get away with that here, and where I go in Colorado I believe you need a permit to conceal carry also :(
Otherwise, my little M&P Shield 9 is perfect for C&C.

I open carry. Nobody gets within 20 feet or so of me without a threat assessment. But then, it's all strictly rural or off road that I primarily deal with. If I spent more time in town, it would probably be my 1911 concealed carry in a shoulder holster.

Reactions: Ryan Thomas
I open carry. Nobody gets within 20 feet or so of me without a threat assessment. But then, it's all strictly rural or off road that I primarily deal with.
It does depend a lot on where you are and who is likely to be around. I'm in an urban setting most of the time. Back and forth to work, stories, parking lots and neighborhoods. More likely that someone could come out from behind something from a blind spot than in the open areas of the rural setting.

Reactions: StG58
Big guy. Patently obvious bad attitude. Had one issue in my life so far and it was covering / protecting somebody else, at night, in a time and place of that person's choosing. Stupid maneuver on my part, but ya gotta cover a friends back when they need it.

Reactions: JP98
It does depend a lot on where you are and who is likely to be around. I'm in an urban setting most of the time. Back and forth to work, stories, parking lots and neighborhoods. More likely that someone could come out from behind something from a blind spot than in the open areas of the rural setting.
Very true, that. Strategy and tactics depend on the environment and the threat. Always good to keep in mind.

Reactions: Ryan Thomas
Been carrying for 40 years. NEVER without a firearm on me. I carry concealed because I dont want to be the first one shot. As my every day, I am currently carrying a Glock 43 (single stack 9mm) in a sticky holster that I place in my right front pocket. I can wear pants or shorts. In the winter, I do like to carry one of my 1911 45s on my right hip. Most accurate guns I have ever owned.

These days, one just needs to assume everyone is armed, especially the turds......

Been carrying for 40 years. NEVER without a firearm on me. I carry concealed because I dont want to be the first one shot. As my every day, I am currently carrying a Glock 43 (single stack 9mm) in a sticky holster that I place in my right front pocket. I can wear pants or shorts. In the winter, I do like to carry one of my 1911 45s on my right hip. Most accurate guns I have ever owned.

These days, one just needs to assume everyone is armed, especially the turds......
LOVE the 43! Great size, great platform. Between my wife and I, we have 7 Glocks - 43, 34, 17L, 19 (my favorite), 26, 42, 23. We both carry. I don't worry when I go out of town for work - she'll be just fine!

Reactions: DC0046
Like Ryan said, it's tough here, but they are available if you jump thru their hoops to get it. I recently installed the tuffy box so I can store ours while we are traveling to and from the range or out wandering the National Forest.

I thought about using the best top under seat drawer for storage while driving but I dont know anybody else with the fold and tumble seats that could let me know how well a Ruger SR9 would fit.

I prefere to frequent establishments that do not care if I carry, out side of govt. buildings...they can be a lil bitchy if you ask them to check your weapon while in there.

My Glock 26 will fit as long as it's not an holster. My Glock 19 will not fit at all. That should give you an idea of the inside dimensions. I was actually quite disappointed with it.

I will always have my department issued Glock 27 on me at all times. I haven't modified my TJ for carry because it is always on me. I do want to add a Tuffy underseat lockbox for storage of anything important under the front driver's seat.

S&W 340PD .357, always on my back hip concealed when rolling in Jeep. 11.8 oz unloaded, so very light loaded. It will stop a bear, man, etc with the loads I carry and being out in the woods a lot that is peace of mind. For my vehicles I can actually secure, other options cause a weapon is a personal choice:camper:

Reactions: Scott B.