Continuing soft top saga (JKU)

... Love the smiling dog as well! Just wish the wife looked that happy after the inside of her new toy gets a little damp! (second picture) She was reeealy unhappy about this whole thing. And pretty unhappy when I just shrugged and told her it was a Jeep thing the first time she noticed it. Wrong answer!
I hear you. About 30 years ago my wife wanted an MG (I had a few of them at the time). I got her an early '70's Midget and she realized very quickly just how bad those tops were and how quickly you had to get them up when you got caught in the rain.

Reactions: StG58
Our JKUs both had hard tops and neither leaked (2008 and 2014 models).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: StG58
I hear you. About 30 years ago my wife wanted an MG (I had a few of them at the time). I got her an early '70's Midget and she realized very quickly just how bad those tops were and how quickly you had to get them up when you got caught in the rain.
The wife had an early '70's MG Midget when I met and married her. After we had been married for about a year, the engine caught fire. I jumped out and put it out. The wife asked "Why did you do that?". I still don't have a good reason after 35 years.
Our JKUs both had hard tips and neither leaked (2008 and 2014 models).

It's just one of those things, some leak and some don't. I guess you got lucky on yours.

Reactions: PCO6
Just pour this over the top, problem solved ; )
da0024bb6429fdd8c5071a316d6fd8bf.jpg

Reactions: StG58 and Chris