Control arm advice

AceShooter

So looks like I’m out of commission. Just noticed my front passenger lower control arm just doesn’t look right.

Currently have a 2” RC suspension and 3” BL. Both PO

Long term plan is to swap out the RC for a proper suspension lift in the 4” range and either lower the BL to 1” or eliminate all together.

That being said. I was looking at replacing the stock control arms and guess that just moved to the top of the list.

I know the Savvy come highly recommended. Is there another brand that is highly recommended?

Should there be any reason not to just do the lower fronts and then work through the other pairs when time and finances permit?

1ADD6097-5AB0-493B-9A25-BE40CBF95059.jpeg

Yeah I thought about that option but since I’m not sure when or how it happened I figured it’d be a good time to upgrade.

If you have a budget and are in a bind like i was, you can look up core 4x4 control arms. I've ran them in the front for about 2 years daily driving and mild offroad and i havent had any issues yet. If i wasn't in a bind at the time would i have gotten them? Probably not. But for what it's worth, they've served their purpose for me for 2 years now. So i guess i can't complain too much.

Reactions: DuncLJ
If you want the best arms money can buy, go with the Savvy CA-9100S kit. It's roughly $1200 shipped for all 8 arms and hardware. The double adjustable links make it worth the money alone since you dont have to take them on/off to adjust the lengths.

This would be a good investment if you can afford it considering you plan on going up in lift to a size that will more than likely require adjustable links to correct your pinion angles.

You can buy them in pairs if you can't afford the whole set right now and only need two. I bought mine thru @Garza at 4lowparts.com

If you're interested, I have a pair of Zone LCA's from this kit that I just took off. PM me if you want a good deal on them.

So got a question!

I decided to take a few measurements to see where things were.

From the back side of the front axle to the first body mount just in front of the doors. The passenger side is about 5/8” closer than the driver side. Not home so don’t have exact measurements

Damaged lower control arm is on passenger side.

When I put the new control arms should I try to even that out?

My gut says yes, but figured I’d get some confirmation.

So got a question!

From the back side of the front axle to the first body mount just in front of the doors. The passenger side is about 5/8” closer than the driver side. Not home so don’t have exact measurements

Sounds right to me. If you bent that lower control arm enough, it would in essence be shorter, and draw the axle back toward that body mount you measured from. That's how I see it, anyway...

So got a question!

If you're getting adjustable arms you'll need to make sure they are set correctly. Follow the steps in the guide below.

If they are being replaced with another OEM set I would guess it would even out.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/how-to-set-your-bump-stop-on-a-jeep-wrangler-tj.2474/

Reactions: Squatch