Control arm and lift questions

mousehunter

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I am new and kind of lost. Prior owner put on a 4" ProComp Fabtec lift (ProComp shocks). I am pretty sure they did at least some of the additional stuff to make it work (such as SYE). I think I have a drop pitman arm and a drop track bar bracket.

Well the shocks are shot and at least one of the control arm bushings is in it's final days. Replacing the shocks is definitely on the to do list. I assume replacing the control arms is also (I am not going to be replacing the bushings myself, so shop labor makes it not all that much worse just to put on adjustable control arms-assuming that is not overkill over just replacing the one bad bushing). Any wild guesses what else from the lift kit I should probably just replace while the work is being done? I noticed that a full Savvy lift includes a Johny Joint adjustable track bar, rear track bar relocation bracket, and rear sway bar extended links, and new bump stops. Their lift kit does not include the rear Johny Joint adjustable track bar. Seems like the common conscensus is to ditch the drop pitman arm and drop track bar bracket and install an adjustable track arm.

Last edited:
Front Pitman
pitman arm.jpg

Front track bar
track arm ds.jpg

track arm ps.jpg

front suspension
front sp.jpg

cat photobomb
rear cat.jpg

Driver rear bushing
rear ds.jpg