Control arm bushings

KCsTJ

TJ student
Supporting Member
I am planning on replacing some control arm bushings, over time but have a couple questions first.
and looks like a couple lower bushings have rusty bolts ..:-/

By doing 1 arm at a time, can I avoid axle movement and realignment problems?

Is it best to remove the control arm with wheels on the ground, or jacks supporting the axle?

Be prepared, have a sawzall handy. Ive seen threads where the OPs bolts were rusted and essentially bonded with the bushings.

Reactions: KCsTJ
Are you talking about bushings in stock arms? If so it'll be a ton easier to just replace the whole arm, the stock Moog replacement is about $25 & comes with the bushings already in, after you back out the cost of the bushings alone & the 7 years off your life trying to get those fuckers out of the old arms it's well worth it...

Reactions: KCsTJ and fuse
Are you talking about bushings in stock arms? If so it'll be a ton easier to just replace the whole arm, the stock Moog replacement is about $25 & comes with the bushings already in, after you back out the cost of the bushings alone & the 7 years off your life trying to get those fuckers out of the old arms it's well worth it...
Thanks @westownwilly I may just do that after seeing a couple lower CA bolts,
I saw this u tube video where they make it look easy by heating the bushing and pushing it out. Your suggestion saves time for sure.